Torque converter

Frequently Asked Questions

Torque converter

Post by Guest »

I have recently unplugged the Torque Converter Clutch from my Transmission after many intresting nights. The mechanics I have talked to say to just leave it unplugged and don't bother with it. What does everyone else suggest? What pros and cons are there to leaving it unplugged

Torque converter

Post by Guest »

have the tcc solenoid replaced. It's about a $100. job at a trans shop. If you've never worked on a trans and don't know anything about them, it's easy to screw it up, then you'll kick your butt. Without the tcc operational, the engine will always be turning faster than it should at "those speeds". Increased rpm's mean more fuel useage, but thats not the problem, higher rpm's mean more heat, more heat means a better chance of a boil over, and more transmission heat, which kills transmissions. Summer is not the time to be running higher rpm's, it's already hot enough......... outside.

Torque converter

Post by Guest »

It would be nice to replace it, but if most of your driving is around town, the TCC won't cut in anyway. So unless you spend alot of time on the highway don't worry about it. Otherwise take JCZ26's advice.