Cruise control fix

Frequently Asked Questions

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

Here is my problem, when I am cruising along the highway and want to use cruise control, it kinda loses it's power especially if I am starting to go up a very slight incline.

I remember reading about a fix where one checks somewhere under the battery area but for the life of me can't find it  

I have used the search feature and looked around in the archives but I just can't find that particular post.  So would someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

it is a vacuum line by the battery going to the vacuum reserve canister--the line breaks and the cruise will not work under load

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply Chris.

I'll check out the line this week .... is easy enough to replace?

Regards,
D

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

yeah just a piece of rubber vacuum line over the broken part of the plastic line--a little splice and you are good to go.

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

Excellent, thanks again.

Regards,
D

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

FAQ

Cruise control fix

Post by Guest »

i know this post has been inactive for awhile but my 93 base 3.1 Vin T has a cruise control servo with two vacuum outlets, one above the other. The one on the bottom is larger and the plastic fitting on the servo broke off, i tried to plastic-glue it but its so small it breaks off again when i try to put the vacuum line back on.
i found the part for $45, damn, all that for a stupid vacuum fitting?
The vacuum fitting is broken at the base of the servo assembly, so replacement seems inevitable. Do i need to service/check/test the cruise control vacuum tank? if so has anyone done this before??