Changing foglight/turnsignal bulbs (gtz/z26 only)

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Guest »

There are a few ways to do this and by no means am i saying mine is the easiest or shortest way.  Its just how i do it and have found it works best for me.  These are the directions for going at it from the top down.  First start by popping the hood and removing the black plastic cover that sits on top of the headlights (if applicable).  Remove both the high and low beam bulbs remembering not to touch the bulbs with your fingers.  Remove both headlights, there are 3 screws that hold each headlight in.  Now you must remove the black fiberglass bracket that the headlights were screwed to, which also the solid grill (if applicable) is screwed to.  There are a few screws, clips and nuts you must remove.  After you have removed all of the screws, clips and nuts, you will be able to pull the black fiberglass piece out along with which will come the grill.  Now you can reach down and have access to the fog/turnsignal lights.  To change the foglights, you must take the foglight and bracket out to change it.  To do this there is one torex screw you must get to from inside the bumper, and one torex that is outside the bumper above the foglight.  **Do NOT unscrew the torex that is flush mounted with the foglight.  It is the torex that is in plain view beside the lens on the outside of the bumper.  This is your adjuster screw for how high or low the foglight shines.**  After the foglight is out, the lens will pop off and you will have access to replace the bulb.  The replacement number is H3.  If you are changing the turnsignal bulbs, the turnsignal lens assembly is connected to a metal angle bracket via 2 screws on the inside of the bumper.  Simply unscrew these and pull the bulb out to replace.

*Hint:  Use gloves that go about half way up your forearm.  The fiberglass bracket usually splinters and you will get fiberglass stuck all in your arms.  They itch and hurt and turn into little red dots from the irratation.  Its not fun.  If you cant find gloves that come up your forarm, atleast use gloves that come to your wrist or a little past.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone ever look at the FAQ on Beretta net? I have had a scanned page on there for along time.....

This is by FAR the HARDEST way to do this! I would never remove that bar, takes too much time and fiberglass is nothing I like to rub against!!!

Take a look at the FAQ on Bnet and you can see the scanned pic from a GM Service Manual. You go from the bottom not the top. (3 or 4 bolts)

But people can do it the way that they feel.

I myself find that taking out the headlamp (3 screws) assists in removing the offending fog light, that way you can unplug it and it just comes out by the grille area.

Post by Guest »

Yes that is the ideal way to go about it and most people should do it that way if they can.  However for those people that the clipse and screws are rusted underneith the front facia, you can either break the screws and clips or do it this way, which i have opted to do.  I also believe there should be alternatives for people to take in case one way does not work.  That is why i wrote this up, not to contradict what you have suggested.

Post by Guest »

I am having a terrible time replacing my foglight bulb. Finally got the lens out and the bulb was blown. I basically pulled the lens out the front of the bumber. When I assembled the light assembly to the wiring harness the light would not work. I tested the harness and I do have power...Does the assembly have to be mounted to achieve the proper ground to make the light work? I have since pulled the bottom panel off the car to try and get the lens holder from being attached to the front end. I cant fiqure out how to get the holder out.....Is there more parts that I need to remove to attack this monster? Thanks in advance for anyones help !!!!

Post by Guest »

I just replaced the entire fog lamp assembly for both sides on my 95' Z26.  The easiest way to do this, that I found, is from both top and bottom.  It does not take that much time and it will make it way easier to remove these.  Remove the top black cover, remove the front grill/insert, remove (3) bolts for both head lights (I did not remove the bulbs from the headlights as they had more than enough slack to rest on top of the top crossmember/radiator support).  Then, I removed the plastic splash gaurds under each light assembley on both side of the car, removed both bolts on each light attached to the bumper support, unplugged the fog lamps and then simply slid them out in fron of the radiator/grill section.

Reversed the process on installation.  Only took 45 minutes to an hour and I was back on the road.

Note:  If you are just replacing the bulbs, and they've never been replaced before, the covers (after the assembly is out) are a mother to get off.  The easiest way is to take a heat gun or hair dryer to soften up the gasket to the lenses.

As far as chevyman's question(s), sounds like you have either a bad switch, relay, blown fuse or short in the line.  Use a volt meter and let the tests begin!

Post by Guest »

Only one of my foglights is not working. I think that would rule out the switch, relay or blown fuse...right?

Post by Guest »

My problem was the new light bulb that I bought. Went and got a new one and everything worked fine. The above procedures that lilguido1 posted worked perfectly !

Post by Guest »

>Travelor - Does anyone ever look at the FAQ on Beretta net? I have had a scanned page on there for along time.....

OK, I'll bite - via this site's messenger, I asked you about the "Scanned Page" and several other moderators here about this also - and it seems that your page barely shows the bolt placements. Not alot to work with
But am on my 3rd Z26, and you may someday need an answer to a problem I worked out.....

lilguido1
Will try your way -

Post by Guest »

lilguido1

"You Da Man"! Worked just as you stated!!!

Post by Guest »

Quote (Travelor @ July 24 2002,08:01)Does anyone ever look at the FAQ on Beretta net? I have had a scanned page on there for along time.....

This is by FAR the HARDEST way to do this! I would never remove that bar, takes too much time and fiberglass is nothing I like to rub against!!!

Take a look at the FAQ on Bnet and you can see the scanned pic from a GM Service Manual. You go from the bottom not the top. (3 or 4 bolts)

But people can do it the way that they feel.

I myself find that taking out the headlamp (3 screws) assists in removing the offending fog light, that way you can unplug it and it just comes out by the grille area.

Hey, is there any chance of getting a scan of the next page of the manual? I need to adjust my foglites.  I see screws in front of the lense cover, but I want to be sure.