Dashboard light help!

Frequently Asked Questions

Dashboard light help!

Post by Guest »

I love my car, but my car dosen't love me... a buld or two went out under the speedometer guage.. so only half of my guages are lit well enough to see at night... and it just happened to be under the speedometer. My question is.. 1) how do I replace it and  how hard it is. 2) can I find digital guages to replace it?

I have a 88 Beretta GT, 5 speed manual, V6.

Any ideas?

Dashboard light help!

Post by Guest »

thye are asy to change you just have to pull the cluster out and you can get to them on the backside. You can conver to the digital gauages too at that time. some one who has done thta swap will have to answer that question for you though

Dashboard light help!

Post by Guest »

the bulbs are easy to change just make sure that you have a torx set because i believe there's some torx bolts holding the cluster

Dashboard light help!

Post by Guest »

Hi All Having the same problem but with my 1988 digital dash. I have a I have a 88 Beretta GT, Auto trans and on the right side my Odometer section is visable but does not lght up at night.

Thanks for your imput
Chuck

docrodg

Dashboard light help!

Post by docrodg »

I have a 88 GT with digital dash also, WAYYY back in 91 i think it shorted and blew all the bulbs.  Back then they were about 50 bucks to replace and were dealer only.  Seems the digital dash has a different bulb than regular.  Replacement is easy, but I don't know if they are available anymore (the bulbs).  

I was able at the time to replace the bulbs by modifying the base of a similar high output dash bulb (halogen) and they still are working today.

Just remove the dash and take the bad one out then go match it.

docrodg

Dashboard light help!

Post by docrodg »

Just found the part number for the bulb... 16155020 they are 20 bucks each, 4 needed.  Take one in to ensure match.

Dashboard light help!

Post by Guest »

I have same problem but cant find the bulb. I even took one out and took it over to the dealer and they couldnt find any that matched. Was wondering where you get the bulb from.

docrodg

Dashboard light help!

Post by docrodg »

http://www.gm-auto-parts.com/parts.htm has the bulb available for 16.35 bucks each.  Other places on the internet specialize in all sorts of bulbs and may have the same thing, just google them.