hello 2 all

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
angry23princess

hello 2 all

Post by angry23princess »

I have a 96 chevy beretta who needs a lot of t.l.c. I just put an alarm on my car & a new sony stereo its a tiny start but hey I can only do so much. I am going to re-upholster the seats and lay down new carpet. I wanna customize a few things in honor of my deceased brother (7-13-06) he was only 20y-o. He thought he was gangster & invincible. I miss him and don't know where I should start with the customization on my vehicle. I keep having dreams about it though and  can't wait till I get the chance to show my love for him. I don't really know exactly what options I have or can choose from so if anyone that can help with ideas I would greatly appreciate it. please feel free to email me or I-m me anytime please. thanks sooo much I really do appreciate any ideas that anyone has about my 1996 CHEVY BERETTA 3.1 litre 6 cylinder. doesn't need to be any faster just cosmetic stuff please.

life has 10x's more pain then death! ~by: me        bye bye 4now but never 4ever
Jeff P

hello 2 all

Post by Jeff P »

Welcome to the board Sounds like you've got some good plans for your '96.  As far as carpet goes, the factory stuff is by far the best made because it is tough and rubber-backed.  If yours is looking bad you can spray it with a power washer, use some cleaner, or redye it.  Otherwise, you can get some aftermarket stuff made by Auto Custom Carpets for around $100 last I checked.  That's sad about your brother.  If I were paying tribute to someone by customizing my vehicle I think I'd go with a small custom painting on the trunklid or something with the date on it.  Depends on what you're into, I guess.  Stick around the board for a while, the people here have lots of good ideas

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
yellow3800

hello 2 all

Post by yellow3800 »

I just sent my dashboard to justdashes.com

its the most expensive part of restoration.  you may want to get over the hill and get this out of the way if your dash is unbearable like most of ours.

Andy

Lemon

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

hello 2 all

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Andy- I'm curious to see how your turns out.  Cliff had his done, but not with the full "tray" in the dash (I know you've seen his).  I'd like to get mine done but I want it to be a 100% restoration- tray included.  Just want to know if they are going to do that for you.  BTW- going to make it across the border this year for the fest?

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
fastlane02

hello 2 all

Post by fastlane02 »

mmmm they do leather or pleather?

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
ErichZ26

hello 2 all

Post by ErichZ26 »

(quad4berettagtz @ Feb. 29 2008,09:13)QUOTEAndy- I'm curious to see how your turns out.  Cliff had his done, but not with the full "tray" in the dash (I know you've seen his).  I'd like to get mine done but I want it to be a 100% restoration- tray included.  Just want to know if they are going to do that for you.  BTW- going to make it across the border this year for the fest?
I think it looks weird.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
90INDYLIN

hello 2 all

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Yes, Andy I'd like to see pics of it and what is the cost?

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
Duke 3D

hello 2 all

Post by Duke 3D »

to make a tribute to your bro i would have your bro name put on the seats dash or window

Duke 3D
yellow3800

hello 2 all

Post by yellow3800 »

It looks the way you want it to look.  TO A POINT.  I originally modded my dash because ALL the vinyl and foam crumbled off of it.  I modded it with foam to contour all the way from the defroster grill to the big horizonal vent strip.  This did away with the tray.  I DO NOT WANT THE TRAY and am having the guys fill it in somewhere to meet it in the middle with what I put in.  This idea is now dead.

I had to send two dashes.

My first one was rejected it was so bad.  I had no idea that a dash can get so bad to where it can't be restored.  Had I known what I know now, over a year ago when this project started [my sis. was going to cover it like a ferrari, all stitched, custom beauty, but her family issues influenced her to quit.... ugh].  I would have made it all custom myself.... with an unknown material, but would have done it as classy as I could.  Not a fan of glass for dashes.

Justdashes.com has a video, and info on their site.  very cool.

I mentioned it is the most expensive thing we can do to our cars for one part under restoration, not modification.  $1500 EASY, maybe including shipping to get the thing to CA.  I had to ship TWICE, at a cost of $150 a piece.  My original dash, that had no vinyl, just frame would take over 60 labor hours and would have run me $4000.  I opted to send a second one in.

no one made mention that my gray interior color in the fest 2 yrs ago was different - light gray.  77 corvette I believe.  The dash will also be that color, because the rest of the car is that way.

I don't know what to do for pix guys.  I don't have a website of any kind, so hosting maybe out.  

Andy
I expect the dash back at the end of april.

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

hello 2 all

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Get a photobucket.com account to host the pictures. It is free and very easy to use.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile