Beretta.Net Web Site (MUST READ)

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

First I would like to thank Todd for all of his years of free hosting for the Beretta.Net web site.  Without his service the site would not be what it is.

On that note, our web site needs a new home soon.  Todd is selling the business and the new owner is not interested in hosting the site.  We need someone to take the site over completely and host it or it is going to die.

I am not going to keep this going myself as I just don't have time for it.  My life has changed a LOT over the past 15 years.  I now have 4 children and a job that keeps me far busier than a normal 40 hour week.

So for those interested contact me ASAP via email and we'll try to get something set up.  This is a fairly urgent matter.

I would also expect that all those with Beretta.net email accounts to stop functioning some time in the near future.

Rex

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

2nejunkie

Post by 2nejunkie »

PM sent.

90 GTZ OBDII Intercooled Turbo 3400 5 speed (Beretta #16)
Wifey's car = 94 Cavalier Z24
Winter Rat = 99 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (1.5)
No one is more ignorant than those who falsely believe they are Free!
weba

Post by weba »

In case no-one else volunteers, i think i could help.

How big is the bnet with the database and all? in megabytes that is.

I fill up for $130. Also Beretta owner since 2004
chrisfox75

Post by chrisfox75 »

PM Sent

Ill be more then happy to take over the site and host and maintain it

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I think I'm going to puke. I'm here everyday and this is(was I guess) my other home. This has been a great site, I have had very few problems. Bstuff was down more than a 2 dollar hooker. Is there any way that we can save a topic and all the posts?
Will all of the data be saved if the site goes off line? I'd be happy to buy a 1TB hard drive to help save some data. Hell I'd buy two!

keep'em flying!
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

I sold all of my Berettas a few years ago (had 5 of them), but I'd hate to see this site go by the wayside.
I have webspace, but my site Synthwerx.com consumes most of it.
If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
Tardis(Eric, Synthwerx.com Admin)

Synthesizers are cool.
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I'm extremely interested, and have been expressing interest for the last year or so.

I'm ready and willing to take down berettaspeed.com in order to take over www.beretta.net - I have the server and hosting experience along with another long time member - to say this is what we have been waiting for would be an undestatement.

PMs are coming.

93 GTs
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I've posted to Rex what my involvement can/will be on this. ÂÂÂ I have a member of the committee (Will- "irelynx"s significant other) who has been in cahoots with me for about a year on this. ÂÂÂ He runs a web design business, and many of you know him from the green "antifreeze" drink made at Bfest. ÂÂÂ To the best of my knowlege, he is the only person who has voiced serious concern and willingness to take it over in recent years.  I am looking into creating a Webmaster position on the committee for this. ÂÂÂ We will be looking for more help though, so if Will takes this over we will be looking for board admins and moderators- and general help. ÂÂÂ If anyone has questions regarding this, please PM or email me directly. ÂÂÂ I'd like to keep this centrally organized, so that Bfest and Bnet organizing can fall under the same roof. ÂÂÂ Thanks! ÂÂÂ Long live Beretta.net!!!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Long live Bnet!

keep'em flying!
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I've been posting here and pm'ing about this for years...  

93 GTs
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Whether it's a Mike Pride/Will H combination OR Kurt and Dustin, this place would certainly be in good hands!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
goldfishbowl

Post by goldfishbowl »

I sent a pm but no response.  We have space on 60DegreeV6.com as well so regardless, there is a place for beretta.net.

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

-disclaimer- this is my personal opinion on the matter, and has nothing to "officially" do with the other committee member's or thier own personal opinions.

--There is no really easy way to say this kind of stuff without someone inevitably taking offense- so here's my go at it...  take it for what it's worth.  As we all know this site has long outlived its current state, and we haven't had an active "webmaster" on here for about 3 years.  There have been numerous "call outs" for action to be taken, but no one has legitimately stepped up (myself included- I simply couldn't pull it off correctly).  I have discussed the state of the site with numerous, long standing members (I'm not about to name drop- don't worry   )of our group over the past years' Bfests and in private conversations as well.  The person who has shown, in my honest opinion, the most interest in seriously taking this over is Will.  In fact he has been on my back constantly for about a year now to really get going on this.  This is not to discount AT ALL the amount of commitment I've also seen from many of the other members who are willing and able to step up at this point.  Here lies my main point: whereas many of us are just now springing into action because we are forced to act to save this site that we enjoy or because we have been waiting for the chance for it to flounder and take it over, there are people out there such as Will that have been proactive (abeit slowly on my behalf) in trying to get something in order to take this thing over.  This is why I'm more than willing to back him (no offense) over many others.  Maybe I'm somewhat misinformed.  Maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture.  Call it what you will, but I believe in the long term survival of this community and therefore this site.  I have worked countless hours, along with many people that have been in our committees, to bring the membership BerettaFest each year- and to try and make it better each year in the face of dwindling attendance.  I'd like to roll the new webmaster into this effort.  I'd like to have the new webmaster work closely with the rest of us that have volunteered our time year after year to keep this great thing we have roling on.  Again I am putting a "call out" to those of you who want to help.  This is going to be a much better team effort than it would be a divided one.  WHOEVER takes this site over, myself and the Bfest committee want to work hand in hand with that person(s) to coordinate the site and its events in the smoothest fashion possible.  I know there are many qualified people and that is one of our group's many strong suits.  Let's make this work for the membership no matter what.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

After the third time registering I finally got approved over here.  I would just like to reiterate that I have a serious interest in taking this over as I have said on the mailing list and on bstuff. If anyone has any questions for me in this regard feel free to shoot me a pm

--Will

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

One thing that can definitely help is to make the registration automatic... manually approving memberships is a royal PITA, and if not done frequently enough, it can turn people off to the board; that may be one of the reasons why the traffic on this board has slowed to a snail's pace.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions