Carlisle, PA Discussion

BerettaFest questions, comments, and planning go here.
gtuturbo

Carlisle, PA Discussion

Post by gtuturbo »

3X00-Modified wrote:Please be aware when considering this proposal... You will also be voting to move Bfest 1 week earlier than it's typical weekend. I'm pointing this out because I already brought up moving the weekend once and it did not fly.
I'm sorry, what does this mean??
If it is an accepted proposal and gets the most votes, what does it matter what the dates are??
How could it be denied??
If I was going by myself this would be my favorite by far!!

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
woody90gtz

Re: Berettafest 2017 Proposal: Carlisle, PA

Post by woody90gtz »

gtuturbo wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:Please be aware when considering this proposal... You will also be voting to move Bfest 1 week earlier than it's typical weekend. I'm pointing this out because I already brought up moving the weekend once and it did not fly.
I'm sorry, what does this mean??
If it is an accepted proposal and gets the most votes, what does it matter what the dates are??
How could it be denied??
If I was going by myself this would be my favorite by far!!
I think Jon is just giving a heads up in case the date change would conflict with other plans... Like in 2009 I hit Bfest and Carlisle because bfest was a week earlier than normal. Since then, Carlisle has moved 1 week ahead and I was able to do both this year.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
gtuturbo

Post by gtuturbo »

woody90gtz wrote: I think Jon is just giving a heads up in case the date change would conflict with other plans... Like in 2009 I hit Bfest and Carlisle because bfest was a week earlier than normal. Since then, Carlisle has moved 1 week ahead and I was able to do both this year.
Maybe we need a bylaw that says it has to start the Thursday before the last full weekend in June??

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

gtuturbo wrote:Maybe we need a bylaw that says it has to start the Thursday before the last full weekend in June??
That would be the typical time it has been, which is also the weekend after Father's Day weekend.

Cliff Scott
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

We don't have a bylaw that states dates and if we did I'm sure others would get pissed about that. We have a "suggested" or "typical" date range that Bfest falls on. A few years back I had requested to perhaps move that "regular" date range to be one week later because of how Amy is almost ALWAYS stuck teaching till the day before we have to leave, OR till the Friday of Bfest and she is unable to attend. I was told we needed to make a poll before I could even suggest a different weekend, in the end it was voted to keep it the same as it has been in the past and not go to a later weekend. 01 and 09 were different, 01 was later and 09 earlier on the same weekend as the Carlisle proposed weekend.

SO all I'm pointing out is this proposal changes the typical dates to earlier than normal as well as being on Fathers Day weekend, I am quite certain that will strain my ability to make it there on time unless I am traveling alone so I want people to know this and not vote just based on location without knowing what it entails/changes about the event.

So in reality things have changed to even allow this proposal from what I remember in the past.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

2001, 2009...then that means it's due for a change every 8 years...so 2017 is perfect!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube