Comapny differences

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum
Canada

Comapny differences

Post by Canada »

Street Arsenal Performance, SSP Engineering, and Mantapart all claim different horsepower gains from there ported intake manifolds. Is there any difference in the port jobs that they each have?

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
gar187er

Comapny differences

Post by gar187er »

the only way to truely tell is to bench flow test them all...personally....they do this themselves, so if you ask they could prob tell you, but just like every other company, they like to inflate their numbers, and glorify products ÂÂÂ

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
Canada

Comapny differences

Post by Canada »

who would you recommened?  The prices vary a bit. The follow prices are after the core refund and are both the upper and lower manfolds.

Mantapart - $225
SSP - $325
Street Arsenal - $425

I'm thinking Mantapart.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

Just port them yourself. Buy some spare ones. Get a dremel and sit down and take your time. Go 2" down or as far as you can go. Use the gaskets as guides.

It will end up cheaper in the long run. And will get you the same results as someone else doing it.

Just get some spare ones, sit back and take your time on it. Maybe do 2 runners a day every day after work or whatever.

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

i believe that the mantaprt one is only the plenum part i would say go with street arsenal. ive heard good things about them on this board

Canada

Comapny differences

Post by Canada »

but a $200 price difference? then again, you get what you pay for

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

This is really starting to get to me lol.  Look at www.americanperformanceofcolorado.com goto L-Body's then look at the TBs!!!  They are new units, not used or bored out.. new! For the price of $225 for 2.8 and 3.1 and $270 for the 3100 Tbs.  The owner has put one on his 2001 Alero and dynoed the results!! I'm not sure on the specs but I think its 6HP.  Also these TB's dont have hot coolant running thru them, you have to bypass the TB (which isnt hard).  Thus your TB isnt hot and you have cooler air running into your engine.  In my opinion these are the best TB's for our cars by far!  BTW- I will be going to retta fest with one of these installed on my 2.8, I will prove to you

Nafterclifen

Comapny differences

Post by Nafterclifen »

Those are the FDP throttle bodies...

http://www.fdpperformance.com

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

First off SSP and street arsenal are the same company.  They just changed their name.  Now with street arsenal it would be the fully ported intake instead of the outlet.  They did a beautiful job on my 3400.  Not only that but my car just went 15.2 with their products this past weekend.

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

Yeah, they might be expensive, but their products are proven! They have a flow bench, and their own CNC machine. If I can scrounge up the money, my future engine will be getting some sweet lovin' from Street Aresenal next fall winter

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

I need major help.  I just bought a 1990 Beretta GT 3.1 MFI and i was wondering if anyone has some ideas on parts to install.  im thinking total performance.  Im having trouble finding stuff though.  if you want to be a Hugh help email me at agonyplaguesme@comcast.net

Comapny differences

Post by Guest »

Quote (heavywoody @ April 23 2002,6:57)Yeah, they might be expensive, but their products are proven! They have a flow bench, and their own CNC machine. If I can scrounge up the money, my future engine will be getting some sweet lovin' from Street Aresenal next fall winter
They aren't CNC
It says on their site that the work is done by their staff (not a machine)
They just flow bench.

Best intakes money can buy are from extrude hone. Expinsive but no ported parts can compare!
EH can get places CNC, hand port just can't
plus everyhting gets as smooth as glass.
They will do group discounts for 3-4 or more orders of the same thing at the same time.