sensor in the intake

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

yeah but it still aint heated

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

There is an all GM FWD called www.mantapart.com. They have fully machined actual intakes...not just the cute chrome tube! it comes with all the fittings, sensor ports and bolts as far as i know. But you should check before you order it!

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

Yes however after a year of waiting, I gave up and told them to give me a refund. Maybe you've had better results.

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

Is there any type of perfromance modification that can be done wiht the IAT? Just wondering?

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

No, I heard people have tried using resistors to make the computer think its colder. But they did not increase performance, and usually made the car run like crap.
Then again someone said it did improve it *shrug*.
I had my IAT sensor in front of the radiator in my old car for along time and didn't notice anything special.

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

K, thanx Jason.

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

All it does is delay the EGR until it reaches 40 degrees. If you put is somewhere cooler it will not turn the EGR on if you put it somewhere warmer it will keep the EGR off. It is really not that hard to tap an intake pipe. I cant see spending that much money on a piece of pipe.

sensor in the intake

Post by Guest »

well after starting this topic, i finally have the answer. when i set out to add a cone filter from Autozone, i was stumped on what to do with the IAT sensor. well after some trial and error, i figured out the solution.
 well since i am a very broke man, i bought a cheap(but good) filter. i just decided to attach it to the stock hose running from the throttle body. well then i had to deal with the sensor, so then i got a brainstorm. why not just poke a hole in the tube and run the sensor into the tube. that way, it is still reciveing airflow and wont mess up the computer. i had gotten the idea from my friends intake on his civic. the wepon-R intake came with a sensor in the tube that you just pluged the wire from the car into. it worked fine and the check engine light hasnt come on yet. thanks!