Hooking up new cone filter

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I just got a cone filter, tube and hardware from my brother.  I went to put it in and everything got hooked up except for the little black tube that runs to the back of the engine.  What does this piece do?

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile

Post by Guest »

I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about but i think it is a vaccum line.  I think that is the line that connects to a box like thing in the rear of the engine.  I dont know what it does tho.  Maybe im not too much help on this one.....

Canada

Post by Canada »

It is called the PCV line(I dunno what it stands for), its an emissions deal. Some of the unburnt gets dumped back in the incoming air. I take it you replaced the stock black air tube? I don't know what you have for materials there, but try to drill a hole the same size into your intake, preferable something soild. Make sure you do this with it all apart so none of the fillings or PVC dust get into the engine. Then make sure it seals tightly enough so you don't have any leaks to suck in dirt.

What kind of filter and matterials did you use?
Would it be possible to post some pictures when your done?

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by Guest »

Quote (Canada @ Mar. 19 2002,3:50)It is called the PCV line(I dunno what it stands for), its an emissions deal. Some of the unburnt gets dumped back in the incoming air. I take it you replaced the stock black air tube? I don't know what you have for materials there, but try to drill a hole the same size into your intake, preferable something soild. Make sure you do this with it all apart so none of the fillings or PVC dust get into the engine. Then make sure it seals tightly enough so you don't have any leaks to suck in dirt.

What kind of filter and matterials did you use?
Would it be possible to post some pictures when your done?
Positive Crankcase Ventilation. It filters out gasoline vapors that get stuck in the crankcase.

Cheers!
-Steve

Post by Guest »

make sure you get that connected. The hole in the rear of the valve cover can get dust in it which is bad!!