Instant supercharger!

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum
BerettaXtreme

Instant supercharger!

Post by BerettaXtreme »

Ive been checkin out this site for a while.. they have a cool intake add on. its sort of like a turbo or something. check it out and tell me if you think this would be worth getting for my 2.2l

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Canada

Instant supercharger!

Post by Canada »

From what I have heard, BIG BULS mainly, is that they aren't worth a crap. I think there is an article on here someplace. I think it would draw to much from the alternator. Its suppose to draw 700 watts, which is less than 1 hp, but an alternator doesn't have 100% efficent. I don't know were to guess the efficencey of an alternator.

They also claimed 1 pound of boost. The highest they have ever measured for vacuum is -.5 psi. That could be on a real restirctive intake or on big displacement engine drawing lots of air. Who knows what stock vacuum is at. Then they claim it will provide .5 pound of positive pressure (to get a net of 1 pound of boost), they could be right here. But would it make much of a difference?

The price isn't to bad, if you could get a 10 hp gain. But if you only got a 5 hp gain, that would be the gains for a good intake, for about $100 less.

It looks like it could be a neat toy. Wether or not it does anything is another story. Someone on here has one, I don't remeber who though.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
Canada

Instant supercharger!

Post by Canada »

This guy has one.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta
gar187er

Instant supercharger!

Post by gar187er »

you already heard my thoughts about this thing......and yea there is a post about a month or so ago about it....save your $300!! and find a turbo for your 2.nothin  

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
z284pwr

Instant supercharger!

Post by z284pwr »

I think its be better to just have the heads ported or the intake/exhaust ported,,,look at Canada's signature, for $300, he got a Ported Plenum and got 18.....that's 13 more for the same price, if your gonna get 5 horses.

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
Canada

Instant supercharger!

Post by Canada »

Quote (z284pwr @ Mar. 26 2002,12)look at Canada's signature, for $300, he got a Ported Plenum and got 18
I didn't get it yet, I'm looking at doing that after I get the throttle body. I probally won't get to the manifolds until this fall. The 18 hp is what the estimated the gains to be. Actual gains might be around 12-14. Although 18 would be nice.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Instant supercharger!

Post by Guest »

ok first of all i wouldnt spend more than $50 bucks on that crap for a good 10 hp i say get a cone filter straight pipes and maybe a chip and lets add up prices

cone $30
straight pipes weldingbout 45-80
chip 90 up

i say dont waste ur money on the electric blower

Instant supercharger!

Post by Guest »

You probably be better off hooking a leaf blower engine up to your engine.  Just go out and start it up before you race someone.  j/k
I don't think that that thing would be worth the money.  It seems like it's a good idea though.  Maybe if it could put out more power it would be cool, but after that, it would be a big drain on the electrical system.