Help! i need to find a tip!

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum
gar187er

Post by gar187er »

2"?? my god.....  im thinking about going straight pipe on my retta....it would sound sweet, 2.5".....hehehe and you say yours is loud ÂÂÂ

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Post by Guest »

OK. I meant my stock OEM muffler is like 28" long case... That was what I was talking about...

My UF is 14" long case. Also it isn't as wide or "thick" (height) as my stock one. But my concern was if the case was long enough to clear the heat shield so that I could have a place to mount it to....

zach82

Post by zach82 »

Um gar... when you go to bigger pipe, you mellow your tone out and quiet it down.

Example... I have a friend who was running 2 inch dual glasspacks on his truck... he went to 2 3/4 straight pipes and it was much quieter.  It had a very mellow tone to it (for straight pipes)

I have a 2 1/4 straight pipe on my 3100... perfect balance for me between rumble and sharp crack.  Nice volume too...

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net
gar187er

Post by gar187er »

yes you mellow out for say, but with the increase of flow also loudens the muffler you put on....say your friend, kept dual GP's when he went to 2 3/4....they would be louder then his 2" gp's........by them selves, w/o a muffler, yes they will be mellower....but for all intense purposes i say they are louder, because the majority of people run muff's, and not just straight pipe...

Isaac, then your UF will be the same size as my St, and it will fit with your heat shield just fine.....if they do run into a prob, they will just length the section of pipe before the UF, thats all....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Post by Guest »

Ok. cool. I will atempt to mount it myself first..

But I have a new delima... I have decided on the tips I want... Something like the oval corvette tips..

Or more exactly like the new Caddy Devilles. They have these tips on each side of the car.. I will just have it on the left...

They are two oval rolled edge dual looking tips. I want that style in stainless steel.. Anyone have any idea of something like this and where I could get it? and are the caddy tips SS?

Thanks to all for the help.

Post by Guest »

Help! anyone? I want to get my stuff on soon! I can't find anything suitible. A short dual tip is what I'm mainly looknig for...