question about flowmaster and glasspacks

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum

Post by Guest »

they make them for single exaust also. my friend has 40 series on his dodge ram and it is only a single

gar187er

Post by gar187er »

yeah it doesnt matter if you have single, or dual, or triple    exhaust, all mufflers work on all applications.....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Post by Guest »

I see the point of having an aftermarket exhaust, but personally dont really want one.  My car is loud enough....

My boss once got a 77 olds cultlass supreme in mint condition for the most part, built his own 454 big block, and put two 3 inch glasspacks on the #### thing.
You could hear him coming in the next town it was so #### loud.  Now that was a loud exhaust.

Post by Guest »

thought id give some input on this, i talked to a guy at his shop and asked for just a muffler since my entire exhaust setup is out of the question due to some legal issues i have, i first asked him just for a stainless borla and it was a whoppin $202!he knew it was too much for me so he asked if i just wanted like a flowmaster and i told him i heard that flowmasters sound like #### on rettas and he agreed cause they are really, in all actuallity designed for higher flowing cars like camero's and such, very hollow, so he said he'll get in contact with a better muffler for a good price, when i install it next week ill give ya the heads up on sound, pics such.i might just go with a short autozone glasspack though.

Post by Guest »

I have a DynoMax SuperTurbo & I wanted a louder one, like a flowmaster, but I happen to like the sound of a Mustang or Firebird, that's the only reason y I want to take my DynoMax one off, but the DynoMax is a deep rumble louder than stock & mine wuz only $45 @ a performance store on Long Island by where I live.  How much is a 40 series flowmaster b/c I might want to consider changing mine, or is it a waste of my money?

gar187er

Post by gar187er »

youre looking at about the same price for the flowmaster...granted it will be slightly louder, but honestly, i wouldnt waste my money on it....but then again thats just me talkin

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

Post by Guest »

If you want louder than a superturbo get a Dynomax Ultraflow. It will have a good rumble as well.

If you do go with flowmaster don't get the 40 series. I think taz has the 80 series and says it sound mean. Also someone on here said the 50 series sounded pretty decent.

Post by Guest »

I'm using 2 1/4" cat back with a simple, small glasspack. The tone is impressive, the cost was minimal and the result is exactly what I wanted. Now, because I have a 3" tip on the car, the import guys are taking notice and looking for the occasional race.