Hanging muffler.. UltraFlo

Archived topics from the Exhaust Forum

Post by Guest »

Ok I want my UltraFlo on now!!!
It is 14" long case. My stock one is 22" long!
What kind of hangers do I get and where do I attacth them? Will the heat shield be longer than the muffler thus causing a problem to make it reach to the stock hanger positions.. Also how do you attach it to the muffler?

Without welding...  Thanks.. - IH

Post by Guest »

There is no real other way to hang your muffler without welding. What you could do is take your stock muffler and your ultraflow to you nearest welding shop and have them take off the hanger that attached to your stock muffler and wire weld it to the ultraflow. Then adjust your stock hanger on the chassy back far enough so that your ultraflow will hang properly (you'll probably need to drill a hole for this). You might need to snag your stock muffler tips and spot weld them to your new muffler or just have some made at a local muffler shop. Its up to you if you want tips or not. If you have anyother question fell free to ask. Otherwise I'll try to figure out how to get your ultraflow without welding.

But I would suggest welding it cause it will be way more sturdy and will last longer.

Post by Guest »

Ok I don't want to weld for 2 reasons:
1) It is a stainless steel muffler. I don't want to weld stuff that will rust later on it.
2) I will be doing all this myself I will be clamping it on. I don't feel like spending 100 bucks for a shop to do this. As I payed only $65 for the stainless steel UF..
I could try this ghetto place that screwed up my friends civic. He got a muff/tips put on (just labor) for 73... but still!!

What about the strap on hangers? Also since the case is shorter, and there are 2 hangers on the stock muffler, how will I get one side to reach to the hanging spots.. I'm afraid it might end up where the heat shield is and be in the way.. I need to look at it again... hmmpfh

Post by Guest »

You might try compression clamps with the hangers to keep from welding on the stainless.

Post by Guest »

the place that rigged my exhaust put a metal band around the flowmaster and attached it somewhere.

Post by Guest »

Thanks Jason, That seems the best idea. I'll put some silicone over the strap so it doesn't scratch too.
Just gotta figure out places to hang the straps/if the heat shield gets in the way... I haven't looked at it in a while... Been trying to fix my stereo system..