How much air in a tire?

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum

How much air in a tire?

Post by Guest »

i have 35 psi recommended max on my front and have them at 38-40 with no problem, my rears are 44 max and i keep them at that. i need to get off my @$$ and get all four the same kind, anyway i keep mine as full as possible for the following reasons:

a: here in s.c., it is hot outside, i don't want my tires messing up by getting any hotter than necessary. (which happens when underinflated)

b: fuel economy. i live 12 miles from work, i need all the help on this i can get, especially with my heavy foot.

c: getting a good launch at the light is not as important to me as being able to weave in and out of traffic and corner hard without driving on my sidewalls.

i guess it depends on where you live and how you drive, if you live in the country or around rough roads, or if you drag race alot, you will probably want a little less pressure.  i live in the city and do most of my driving at 45+ on interstates and bypasses, and no-one will ever race with me, oh well.

1988GTU

How much air in a tire?

Post by 1988GTU »

I live in michigan and pot holes are deep but if you drive dodging hole and not hitting everyone or everyother one I'd recommend 39 to 41...

_________
-------------