Something in the way

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum

Something in the way

Post by Guest »

Ok i know it has been addressed b4 but i tried a search and cannot find my answer.  I have a 95Z26 and i just got my Strut Tower Brace in today.  When i tried to fit it on just to check it i can tell that there is a plastic piece in the way that i think my have some wires in it?  Anyways i was wondering what i do to move or remove that plastic piece so that my Brace will fit?  BTW the piece of plastic is behind the alternator on the passenger side of the vehicle.

98beretta kid

Something in the way

Post by 98beretta kid »

what i did with mine was cut a hole in the plastic piece to allow me to use the brace and the plastic pieces.

-Bryan

1989 Beretta GT (Money pit #1)
1996 GMC Sonoma (Money pit #2)
1993 GTZ ( Couldn't ask for a better Car)

The 3 reasons why I'm broke
industrialstrength

Something in the way

Post by industrialstrength »

Or you can grab on and give a little twist and snap it off. That's what happened to me accidentally when I was trying to overcome the same problem. The plastic gets brittle in this cooler weather! The cool thing is that after the plastic broke the bar immediatly fit across the struts.

91 GTZ Q4

NVMYGTZ

Something in the way

Post by NVMYGTZ »

On your 95 I'm guessing it's the plastic clip that holds the wire bundle to the firewall by the heater fan. As the new Beretta's did not have firewall covers
You can take sone neadle nose plyers and pinch the barbed prong and push it bach thru the hole then just go on the opposite side of the bracket and put it back thru on the other side, that way there is no stress on the wires.