Springs...

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum
Nafterclifen

Springs...

Post by Nafterclifen »

Ok, I did some research since I'm in the market for new springs. I know Eibach's are good - lots of people have them, they invented the ####, etc. Well, I saw that for my 96, the Intrax would lower my car 1.8". After seeing some Z's with Eibach's on them, I thought the extra drop Intrax provided would look even nicer. Anyways, I wanted to call and get some numbers and here's what I got... Btw, both springs are all progressive.

Eibach
Front: 143-230 pounds
Rear: 112 - 183 pounds
Front Difference: 87 pounds
Rear Difference: 71 pounds

Intrax
Front: 128 - 237 pounds
Rear: 107 -214 pounds
Front Difference: 109 pounds
Rear Difference: 107 pounds

Now what exactly do those numbers mean? I don't want my springs to be any softer than the Eibach's (I know how they feel/ride). Reason being, the Intrax will lower the car even more than the Eibach's and if the Intrax springs are softer, I may bottom out with some of the roads around here. Also, I know both springs will fit fine without any clearance problems, etc.

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Someone more knowledgable in suspensions can answer the question about the pounds difference, but from what I have been hearing around here,

The ebaichs are the best all around spring for ride/look, the intrax lower the car even more but provide a much harsher ride the the ebaich's.

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Just is just my interpretation.

The eibachs would let the car push more since the back is still much softer than the front where as the intrax will be more balanced.

As far as feel when driving down the road I doubt you would notice a difference.

Dan Kimber

Springs...

Post by Guest »

I beg to differ Dan so do many people, intrax offer a much harsher ride.

Nafterclifen

Springs...

Post by Nafterclifen »

I could care less about the ride quality. I wouldn't mind it to be ruff at all. What it all comes down to is...

Are the Intrax springs as stiff or stiffer then the Eibach's? If they're stiffer, great. I'm worried about ride quality on the roads around here because with the Intrax which lowers the 1.8", I don't want them to be any softer than the Eibach's. I'd have serious bottoming out problems, especially soming out of my #### driveway...  

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH
Ribz80

Springs...

Post by Ribz80 »

I have never had a prob with bottoming out with the Intrax.  If you turn the steering wheel all the way you get a minor rub but I am running 225/50/16's.  My only complaint is they are a little bouncy over bumps otherwise I am happy with em.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Now Ribz! You have to get some pics of this sweet Beretta that you have.  You just HAVE TO

Springs...

Post by Guest »

I was just going off of the spring rates, very similiar, so I would not think that there would be that big of a difference.  Maybe it is more a function of where the progressive wind starts in the spring.

Anyone used suspesion techniques springs??

Dan

Ribz80

Springs...

Post by Ribz80 »

I will try to post pics after Xmas...I am lookin to be the feature car for January:)

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Springs...

Post by Guest »

I beleive suspension techniques are bacially the same as intrax, they do lower the car more then Ebaich though.

CoolZ26

Springs...

Post by CoolZ26 »

Darren.....its calling you.....
Eibach.....Eibach.....Eibach(echos)

Just messing with ya..just remember a harsher ride doens't always mean its a better handling spring...Eibach wants you to get the most feeling and potental from the spring without sacrificing ride quality.  The ride is harsher with the Eibachs over stock Z26 suspension...but I like the harsher ride.  I am very happy with them, but its up to you....its your car, and your the one doing performance...Are you looking to do auto x or something that handling matters that much...they are probably almost the same...the only thing Intrax does better is lower the car.  All I know is alot of the ppl I talk to at school have Eibachs on their cars or traded their current coilover system for an eibach coilover setup.

Just my input....

Lata

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483
bonecrrusher

Springs...

Post by bonecrrusher »

Hey, I think i may have a bad rear spring, how much are these eibachs? Also where can I get them...

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
CoolZ26

Springs...

Post by CoolZ26 »

I got mine from Tirerack.com for $248.00 plus shipping.

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483
Chris88CL

Springs...

Post by Chris88CL »

Shox.com has them for like $219 or something.  
Their prices may have changed, but im pretty sure thats what it was last time I checked.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

Doug96Z26

Springs...

Post by Doug96Z26 »

Are you SURE that both springs are progressive?  I was under the impression that the Eibach were progressive and Intrax and Suspension Techniques were not.  This is why
I thought most people chose the Eibach, and also why the Intrax and Suspension Techniques give a harsher ride.  Can anyone confirm this?

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd