Springs...

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum
BerettaXtreme

Springs...

Post by BerettaXtreme »

Well.. Im going to have to go with BowtieRocket I have suspension techniques and they did a good job. not only that They didnt cost me an arm and a leg.  about 160 for the set.
check em out yourself. Its not like anyone is going to look under your car and say.. "OMG you dont have Eibach springs!"

http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml? ... 87&BQ=jcw2

check em out for yourself

Nafterclifen

Springs...

Post by Nafterclifen »

I was told from both Eibach and Intrax that they're springs are progressive...

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Hey BerettaXtreme How much did the suspension techniques lower you car, and also, what kind of handling improvements did it make if any?

And for everyone one else what kinda shocks and springs should i get, i was thinking about the sport bilstien ones on mantaparts site.

Doug96Z26

Springs...

Post by Doug96Z26 »

I dunno - I'm not convinced.  If I were in the market to buy some lowering springs I'd investigate it myself.  I've seen both, and the Intrax and Suspension Techniques look just like any regular springs - coils spaced evenly.  The Eibachs are the only ones I've seen with different size coils on the springs.

Nafterclifen- I see you've run a 15.8 with your 96 Z26.  That's pretty good!  Care to share your mods with me ÂÂÂ

EDIT: I just took a look at the Suspension Techniques springs via the link that BerettaXtreme provided.  They are definitely not progressive.  Anyone have a picture of the Intrax springs?

EDIT 2: I checked out Intrax's website.  They state that MOST of their springs are progressive.  So the Beretta ones may or may not be.  They have no picture of them.

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd

BerettaXtreme

Springs...

Post by BerettaXtreme »

Id say about and 1 and 3/4 ... and my ride is smooth. its not bumpy but then again I got new shocks and struts at the same time so im not sure if that had aything to do with it or not. Also when I purchased my wheels I noticed a HUGE difference. Everything seemed tighter and solid. I always thought that the shocks and struts was the real factor in the ride factor. the springs work great and for the price.. cant beat them

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Quote (Doug96Z26 @ Jan. 05 2002,2:41)I dunno - I'm not convinced.  If I were in the market to buy some lowering springs I'd investigate it myself.  I've seen both, and the Intrax and Suspension Techniques look just like any regular springs - coils spaced evenly.  The Eibachs are the only ones I've seen with different size coils on the springs.

Nafterclifen- I see you've run a 15.8 with your 96 Z26.  That's pretty good!  Care to share your mods with me ÂÂÂ

EDIT: I just took a look at the Suspension Techniques springs via the link that BerettaXtreme provided.  They are definitely not progressive.  Anyone have a picture of the Intrax springs?

EDIT 2: I checked out Intrax's website.  They state that MOST of their springs are progressive.  So the Beretta ones may or may not be.  They have no picture of them.
If you didn't know, it's not really for the Beretta, but for the early model Cavalier and it just happen to fit. Similar platform I guess  

Nafterclifen

Springs...

Post by Nafterclifen »

Ok, after spending about an hour on the phone with Koni and then their main distributor, Northern Motorsports, which happens to be in Canada, I have some REAL information.

First of all, everyone seems to think that the Cavalier and Beretta Suspension are the same... I can confirm that the 92-94 suspensions on our cars ARE the same as the 92-94 Cavalier. So for those of you who want Intrax springs for your 92-94 Beretta, you can get the springs listed for a 92-94 Cavalier. That rule does NOT apply to the 95 and 96 suspensions on our cars though. The Cavaliers are completely different - springs, shocks, struts, etc. Those of you with a 95 or 96 Beretta and looking to upgrade the suspension, you're looking at either Eibach or Intrax springs. As far as shocks and struts go, I investigated them too. It looks like Koni doesn't have anything that's going to fit. They said that 95+ Achievas, 95-98 Grand Ams, and 95-98 Skylark are similar but they don't have anything for them either. The Bilstiens shocks/struts from Mantapart are really the only performance ones available. With a $650 price tag, that's one hell of a big hole in your pocket though.

So, I hope that clears everything up with the Cavalier and Beretta thing. I'm still awaiting some more information on the shocks and struts so when it becomes available, I'll let those who are interested know.

Doug...
1. Intrax did say that the springs for my car were progressive.
2. I ran a 15.8 with 20psi in my front tires, 35psi in the rear, no air filter (bare MAF), no rear or passenger seats, removed drivers side headlight, 2.25" exhaust with high flow CAT and Dynomax UltraFlow muffler, no spare tire/jack, and I think that's it.  

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH
CoolZ26

Springs...

Post by CoolZ26 »

YES!!!  Then I can get some nice Koni adjustables....since I wanted to get them last spring but they were n/a.  Not anymore....yeah.....

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483

Springs...

Post by Guest »

okay... what is different between a 94 and a 95 Z26 Suspension??

Springs...

Post by Guest »

The rear axle is different, the rear spings are longer.
The front is the same..

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Ok so my question is, Who has the good ride? I like the fact that intrx will drop my car 2 inchs but if it has ####ty ride quality than whats the point, so if someone that has them can say howw they are that would be great.

Ribz80

Springs...

Post by Ribz80 »

For the 50th time!  I love how my car looks and it handles well.  However over bumps(not potholes perse) the car is a bit bouncy for my taste.  For all I know Eibachs would be the same but my Bro's 300zx with Eibachs wasnt bouncy in comparsion.  I wish I could drive my exact car with Eibachs to know for sure if I should have gotten the Intrax in the 1st place.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
CoolZ26

Springs...

Post by CoolZ26 »

As Ribz said along with others and me about 12329 times is that, ride quality will be more harsh, but thats the price for performance.  If you want a floating old pappy car ride, put on some Bonneville springs or something and get some sh!tty comfort shocks @ wal-mart.  Now...

The Eibachs.....when you hit a bump in the road the car hits down to adjust to the change.  You don't bounce around.  You could bounce though if you get comfort struts with the Eibachs.  But with the Monroe Sensatracs which are both, it isn't bouncy.  With Koni's or KYB GR2's it'll be a hit and hardly any noticeable re-coil.  Its gonna feel like a sports car.  

I can't speak for the intrax, b/c I don't have em, but Ribz just said what he thinks of em above, so there ya go.

If you want the car to be dropped like .7 inches more then go for the intrax.  I don't know how they handle compared ot the Eibachs...but the Eibachs are very good springs, and they are the company that pioneered suspension.  So decide how you want, this is just my info on ride quality.

'04 RSX Type S
14.2@99mph w/ horrible 60'
Injen CAI
Hondata ECU reflash
Hondata IMG
Greddy EVO 2 exhaust
DC Raceheader
ESMM
Eibach Sportlines
AIM= andy4483

Springs...

Post by Guest »

Never posted much on this issue...

If you want all out performance, Eibachs are the choice...

If you want the car to look "lowered", get Intrax...

Cons: Eibachs wont lower the car as much; Intrax ride like crap from what the majority of Beretta owners with them have said...

zach82

Springs...

Post by zach82 »

This one's to Nafter

That 15.8 is incredible... are you a lightweight guy?

With 32 psi all around, back seat/passenger seat and all other stuff/junk removed, K&N drop in, and a catless straight pipe exhaust the best I've been able to push is 16.0

1994 Purple Pearl Base (RWD conversion project)
1973/77 Ford 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed
1987 Suzuki Samurai / heavily modded
My site  http://www.zcm82.net