Lower control arms.

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

I just took my car to the garage for a noise under the front that was annoying me. Well it was the lower control arm bushings. It turns out the newer ones 'are' rebuildable. I think the rebuild kits were like 30 each. I don't know if these can be rebuilt without special equipment or not. But even with labor it was like the cost of one side for both.

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

I just got my control arms replaces about 2 months ago. They where both really bad. The bushings where not inbetween the control arms anymore. Now the cars makes practically no noise over bumps...its great. Cost me a pretty penny thou. I got both control arms and the bushings and some other parts that it "needed" and it was about $500. So if you can get rebuilt ones, GO FOR IT.

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

It is $30 for the polly bushings but its only for years 87-93. The part # is 3-3154.

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

I think my passenger side lower control arm is bent or something. Everytime I turn the wheel all the way to the right my tie rubs against the back of the wheel well.

Chris88CL

Lower control arms.

Post by Chris88CL »

If your driving down the road and you let go of the wheel does the car pull to one side or the other?  You might want to get an alignment before you go replacing control arms.  Also make sure the inner fender skirt is secured to the body properly and isnt sticking out further then it should be.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

Mine are broke,  almost off...  Yep it sucks...  Every time I hit the brakes, turn a corner, or hit a bump.  They remind me, yep were broke....   Anybody know if you can get better than stock replacements for them.... Because if I take them off I don't want to do it again...

Lower control arms.

Post by Guest »

As far as I know, theres no poly option available for the newer style control arm. I was just happy they came out with a rebuild kit for them.
You could always swap the old style in, and then use poly bushings.