Climate control

Archived topics from the Diagnostic Help Forum
joey

Climate control

Post by joey »

Hey I have a 91 beretta and I just had some A/C work done to it. Now when i have to setting at MAX and I have to temp control all the way on heat the A/C compressor kicks in. Is this supposed to do this or is there something messed up in the wiring?

Climate control

Post by Guest »

By MAX do you mean the fan on max or that you are in MAX Cool mode.  In any A/C mode, even if it's all the way on hot the compressor should more than likely kick in just as it does in the defrost mode.  If the compressor is kicking in at any time when not in Defrost or the 3 A/C Modes there is an electrical problem of some sort.

What kind of A/C work did you just have done?

-Dave

Climate control

Post by Guest »

yeah, it should still kick in- that's not a problem.

joey

Climate control

Post by joey »

I mean MAX by the mode. They had to put a new valve, new sensor in the compressor and had it recharged. There wasnt enough coolent in the system to have to compressor kick in; I guess hence why it never kicked in on the MAX mode before. I always used MAX mode in the winter because it put out some serious heat. I couldnt figure out why a compressor would kick in when all you want is heat but i guess that sounds normal. I never had the A/C work before when i had the car so i didnt know. But thanx for your input.