90 gtz is dead

Archived topics from the Diagnostic Help Forum
woody90gtz

90 gtz is dead

Post by woody90gtz »

quad4 5spd

turn the key and nothing happens. interior & exterior lights come on at a very low intensity and there seems to be no juice at all. i jumped it and that didnt work. i let the truck jumping me run for 15 mins while it was connected to mine and it still didnt work. then i charged the battery overnight and that didnt work either. the charger also read that the battery was fine. so i guess my battery is fine but the problem acts as if it wasnt. twice my interior lights would come on at full power and then 2 minutes later you couldnt even tell they were on.

does anyone have a clue what this might be or had this problem before? im stumped. my only guess is a loose power wire somewhere. please help, i have someone that is looking to test drive it soon.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube

90 gtz is dead

Post by Guest »

I would be willing to bet you have some serious corrosion aroun dyour battery terminals--or one is loose.

90 gtz is dead

Post by Guest »

yep...that's what happened on my z26...i would try to start it when i first got it and everything was dim and it would just click. i thought the starter was going out at first but i cleaned my battery terminals and tightened them down properly. it's been great starting since...

woody90gtz

90 gtz is dead

Post by woody90gtz »

real easy fix...
the battery is kinda stripped on the side + terminal, i just tightened it up more and it is fine now.
i dont know why i didnt think to check that last night.... probably too tired from work, lol

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube