91+ dash wiring diagrams

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
Chris88CL

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Chris88CL »

Ok I finally figured out that the 93 GTZ dash harness I have wont work.  So Im back to using my modified 89 harness.  Last time I had it in everything worked EXCEPT the temp dummy light was acting like my gauge (getting brighter as it got hotter) and the guage was acting like the dummy light.  Which means TWO wires are switched.  Well I used to have all the diagrams, but they were on my other computer and its kinda toast.  So I need someone to scan the instrument cluster electrical pages from a 91+ service manual please!  I need it as soon as possible.  Im off work and have nothing to do EXCEPT finish this stupid project  HELP PLEASE!
Email the pics to lezarch@hotmail.com please please please!  
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

Chris88CL

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Chris88CL »

Nevermind, I found what I was looking for.  And just for the record.....the GM factory repair manual is WRONG about the wiring color for the temp gauge.  According to the diagrams, I wired everything correctly.  The diagrams were just wrong  
I finally figured out the problem and now everything works great.  I expect to have the black dash installed completely by tommorow.  Pics will take a while since I had to use film and I need to finish the roll and get it developed.
A writeup will eventually follow.  After pulling and installing my dash for like the 10th time Ive got it down to an exact science  Its a piece of cake now.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

BerettaSS

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by BerettaSS »

I had the exact same problem when I did mine.  it was wierd driving it for the first time and seeign the light slowly get bright.

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Guest »

Quote (BerettaSS @ Dec. 19 2002,4:59)I had the exact same problem when I did mine.  it was wierd driving it for the first time and seeign the light slowly get bright.
LOL! I had the same problem Chris and BerettaSS!

Glad to hear your dash will be finished Chris. ;) Get pictures asap man! BTW, Chris, would you mind me pay paling you the money for the 5 spd trim plate? I think that'd be much easier and faster.

-Steve

4DoorGTZ

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by 4DoorGTZ »

Or you can paypal me and I can hand him some cash

06 Trailblazer SS Bored & Stroked 408ci, ZR1 Cam, Trick Flow heads, TVS1900, Built Trans w/stall 600AWHP
09 Solstice GXP Targa Coupe 1 of 1266
93 Med. Garnet Red Q4 GTZ 1 of 621
Bfest '01, '02, '04, '05
Chris88CL

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Chris88CL »

Yeah that works better.  Paypal is too complicated for me.  I still havent figured it out. Stupid technology!

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Guest »

So Chris, tell me buddy 'ol pal you wanna clue me in on whats up with this stuff?  Holy hell man, I am such a newbie at this crap!  Any help is appreciated thanks.

Chris88CL

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Chris88CL »

I couldnt use the 93 harness, so I really doubt you'll be able to use the 94 harness.  Theres an extra connector (a very large very important connector) on my 89 harness.  I believe your 90 will have it aswell.  Its on the passengers side by the ECM.  Anyway, I had to modify my 89 harness to work.  My guess is you'll have to modify an 89-90 analog harness too.  I'll be writing up instructions soon.

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Guest »

Quote (4DoorGTZ @ Dec. 19 2002,8:01)Or you can paypal me and I can hand him some cash
Hey Mike, I'll paypal you the money when I get off work (5 pm EST). Thanks!

-Steve

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Guest »

Quote (4DoorGTZ @ Dec. 19 2002,8:01)Or you can paypal me and I can hand him some cash
Ack, hey Mike, what's your paypal email address?

ErichZ26

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by ErichZ26 »

If i made a premade up wiring harness for your conversions...would you guys what?    I am going to get a 1991 dash harness.     I really wish I could use the 1994 up, those have the nice electronic features, like battery run down, and theather dimming.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
ErichZ26

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by ErichZ26 »

Chris does your car have power windows?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Guest »

I would definately want one Erich that would be helpful being as I am a novice at the wiring and everything.  I am really in need of help, so if you would do that, that would be pretty cool man.

Chris88CL

91+ dash wiring diagrams

Post by Chris88CL »

Yeah my car has power windows.  I now have the auto down feature.  I'd also be willing to setup a harness for anyone that wanted it.