Another question.

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Another question.

Post by Guest »

I have replaced all gaskets had the head surfaced and pressure tested and all that good stuff. but now i have another problem. when i started it it ran for about 1 minute and then died. tried to start it again and it just kicked over. if i kick it over and push down the gass pedal real slow it will try to start but wont. if i let it set for about an hour or two it will start right up but i have to keep it reved up or it will die after idling for about a minute or two. then i have to let it set for another hour and do it again. its like its flooding itself out or something. Someone please help me. if i cant get it fixed i think im just going to junk it.

Another question.

Post by Guest »

How long was the car sitting apart or in non-running form.  Did it sit after taken apart.  Check fuel pressure and do an injector test if it sat for any length time apart.  Try that and if not we can dig further in:)

Another question.

Post by Guest »

it was aprt for 2 days and i let it set for one day to let the sealent dry. I got it started and drove it home last night and my wife followed me and said that i was shooting flames out of my exhaust.

Another question.

Post by Guest »

when you get to the point where it will not start at all, try holding the pedal to the floor and cranking it over for a while.  This will put the ecm in clear flood mode and burn off any fuel in the cylinders.  Then try starting it normally.  If it does start fine after that, then you will know that it is indeed flooding somehow.  You might try checking fuel pressure as well.  

Kind of a long shot, but i had this problem before with my car except for the flaming exhaust issue, and it ended up being the ECM.  Look at the pins for corrosion, if you see any, like we did, try replacing it with a j/y unit.  Cleaning the pins did not help in our case.

Another question.

Post by Guest »

Quote my wife followed me and said that i was shooting flames out of my exhaust. This sounds like a timing issue or plug wire on the wrong plug.