Door windows

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Door windows

Post by Guest »

I just got done replacing my passenger window after an unfortunate stereo jacking. It really isn't that hard as long as you get the right glass. The junkyard computer doesn't distiguish at all between 87-96 berrettas, so bring in your regulator guide and rear window guide in when buying new glass to insure that they give you the right stuff. If your window was broken, the rear guide should be stuck in the rear guide channel and the regulator guide will most likely be laying on bottom of your door. Both the bottom and the rear moldings on the inside of the car must be removed to get the window in. The front guide channel must be removed as well. As JC said, it is attached toward the front of the door by two bolts. To install, move the window regulator to about the half way up position and put the glass in at an angle, front side first. You should be able to guide the regulator guide on the regulator wheel with a little up and down adjustment of the regulator wheel, as well as a little window insertion angle adjustment. Once the window is on the regulator guide, move it up to the full up position asssisting the window with your hands. Re Attach the front guide channel making sure the top of it is inside the upper visible portion of the guide channel. Then reattach the rear window molding. This is the part that took me the longest. I recommend a large metal scraper to get the molding in without snaggin the rubber. Once that is in, reattach the bottom molding and test the window for smooth operation. I had to adjust the front guide channel a little bit by bending it so that the window didn't come of the track. It actually isn't that bad, just remember to not try to force anything, buecause that interior plastic isn't very strong and breaks quite easily.