Help me please!

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

I have a 94 GA SE with a 2.3 liter sohc quad in it.  The car is an auto, with no overdrive.  The gate says 2,3,D,R,P.  But anyways......I was driving home about two weeks ago and the car wound out in first, then when second was supposed to come on the car went to what felt like nuetral.  No grinding, no resistance, just NOTHING.  So I roll off the throttle, and park her for a few minutes, checked tranny fluid, and looked for any obvious problems.  Couldnt find any and tried again.  Same thing happens.....nothin in second.......but when i manually shifted it into 3 it grabbed and i took off.  Now......my car has driven FLAWLESSLY for two weeks straight, withough incident.  Shifts fine, and im BAFFLED as to why this happened.  I suspected a bad motor mount when i saw my engine move a good four inches when I shifted it from park with the hood up, but after I looked I couldnt find a bad mount.  So idk.....any ideas lemme know.

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

donno bout your tranny, but these motors do move around alot. i remember the first time i ever watched my engine while changing from R to N to D, i was shocked, i thought it must be bad mounts, but thats just how they were made. if you would like to fix that, view this link.  http://www.beretta.net/board/ib3/ikonbo ... ;f=9;t=765

doing this will take almost all of the play outta your mounts!

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

The trans does have overdrive, hence the "D" after the 3. The reason you had no second, is because the 1 - 2 shift valve has worn the bore and the valve it self. worn and hanging valves, a common problem with the valve bodies in the 4T60E, they work and then they don't then they do....

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

Could ridiculously cold weather attribute to this problem also -3 Degrees.......

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

No, I doubt it's because your tranny is cold. My Z26 with the same tranny drives fine, and i beat the crap outta this tranny.

Now you know it's cold out when your PS pump whines at you when it's -5 out, and your car doesn't like to start (starts then dies) ;)

Help me please!

Post by Guest »

Quote trying to kill him 4t60E! Why? Tach it to 4k and drop it in rev then drive, that'll do it.