Headlights

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Headlights

Post by Guest »

I want to know how to aim the headlights(not how to aim there, but the tech about it), up and down(vertical)--how high or low., When I park my car in my driveway and face my garage door, how high should they be. Is there a set hight for all cars, such as 3 feet from the ground. I hope someone knows what I am talking about Mine just seem a little high, but they might be right, not to mention one is just a little bit higher then the other,,lol

MAD MARK

Headlights

Post by MAD MARK »

Sounds like they are fine. One is posed to be a little higher than the other and that is the passnager side. Because there is never a car on that side unless you pass a road and a car is on it. I always aim the passanger higher for this reason.

I also live in the woods so I aim mine a little higher than you should so I can so on down the road for those stupid dear waiting to kiss my cars. I also have the 4 headlight mod and this helps out a lot also.

As far as a set height for lights, I think its personal preference. But on some new cars (ie Old Intrigue) they have levels with the bubbles on the headlights so you can adjust to level height which is where they are supposed to go.

MAD MARK