Rear spoiler light bulbs!

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Post by Guest »

Hey! I need to replace the rear spoiler light bulbs on my GTZ. There are 4 in all. I'd imagine they're LEDs. However, I went to my friends work and Autozone, and these bulbs are like 9 bucks a piece. WTF? Sorry guys, I just feel kind of weird spending near 40 dollars for 4 light bulbs that are so very tiny. Can anyone recommend a place I can pick up a set for an inexpensive price? I lost the bulbs a couple weeks ago, so that doesn't help me very much. I'd imagine Radio Shack has LEDs that would fit, but not sure which ones would. Any ideas?

Thanks
-Steve

Post by Guest »

GM is the only place I know to get them.  I had to replace a few of mine and man, if you are getting them for $9/each, do it.  I think I paid (2 yrs ago) about $15/ea!

Post by Guest »

I paid like 9 each from A/Z, all 4 were burned.... Suck it up steve, it's just one of those things you have to do, especially when avoiding the cops.  ;)

stizkidz

Post by stizkidz »

once i do my led 3rd brake light conversion, i will be selling all of my bulbs.  they are almost brand new and i got them from the chevy dealer...

-Ben

Sold:
-90 Beretta 3.1 auto, red
Offroad Rig:
-88 K5 Blazer 5.7 manual, black
Showcar:
-87 Buick Grand National 3.8 Turbo auto, black
-88k original miles
Daily Driver:
-98 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 manual, green
MAD MARK

Post by MAD MARK »

I looked into it and Advance Auto sells them for $7 a piece. So I said screw that and moved the 2 working bulbs to the outter positions so the middle dont like up.

MAD MARK

Post by Guest »

bend the leads on 194 bulbs

Post by Guest »

i used 194's allso

Post by Guest »

Quote (JasonK @ Dec. 24 2002,2:07)bend the leads on 194 bulbs
Jason, thanks 'bro! I'll give that a shot.

Post by Guest »

Quote (puck @ Dec. 24 2002,8:53)Quote (JasonK @ Dec. 24 2002,2:07)bend the leads on 194 bulbs
Jason, thanks 'bro! I'll give that a shot.
Np. I found out after I spent the cash...

Post by Guest »

Personally, I'd rather put the right ones in, and not have the the lens melt from the heat of the other bulbs. The ones that are in there are really close to the lens, unlike the side marker bulbs that are far away from the lens. 194, 68's, throw some heat and aren't as bright. ;)

Post by Guest »

Quote (JCZ26 @ Dec. 25 2002,12:27)Personally, I'd rather put the right ones in, and not have the the lens melt from the heat of the other bulbs. The ones that are in there are really close to the lens, unlike the side marker bulbs that are far away from the lens. 194, 68's, throw some heat and aren't as bright. ;)
My plastic reflector thingy was melted from the **STOCK** bulbs. I think the spare one I have also has the silver reflector melted near where the bulbs are. I really don't think the 194s could be much hotter. Theyre probably not even as hot.

Post by Guest »

hmmmm, mine run real cool, barely any heat off them.