Help

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Help

Post by Guest »

I need to replace the head gasket on my 90 quad 4 saturday but dont really know the process of a quad. if any body has a diagram or anything at all that well help me get through this i would much appreciate it. dwalton84@hotmail.com  

Help

Post by Guest »

and how come my thing says beretta newbie still. ive been on here for almost a year.

rweatherford

Help

Post by rweatherford »

I would HIGHLY recommend you get a good repair manual before tearing into this.  It is not just a simple task.  If you make a mistake it will ruin your engine.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

Help

Post by Guest »

And I hope you don't think you'll be driving it saturday night. This is most likely going to take you more than a day to fix.

Go get a manual, read through the ENTIRE process of tearing down/assembling a Quad, then decide if you want to do this yourself.

1988GTU

Help

Post by 1988GTU »

Quote (Always_needin_help @ Jan. 18 2003,03:40)and how come my thing says beretta newbie still. ive been on here for almost a year.
Because you dont post a lot.  When you reach a certain limit it changes   .

_________
-------------

Help

Post by Guest »

oh ok

Help

Post by Guest »

Yeah a 2.2 OHV can be done in a day if youve done one before .. but a Quad 4 Id take a couple of days and make sure it all PERFECT,  Especially if youve not done anything major before..