Windshields`

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

A few years in 4-Wheeler magazine I read in tech tips that jewelers rouge works.
Use a pencil with a small piece of cloth on the eraser end and apply the rouge with that, working in tiny circles and buff the scratch out.
Test it on a small scratch away from the field of view just in case.

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

havent read the whole thraed yet (about to leave) not sure if it has already been said but at like either checker auto or autozone or any of those auto part places you can buy a windshield repair kit for fairly cheap cost (about 20$ I think)  I used one for little scratch's and pits on my windshield and it seemed to work great.  Hope you get everything fixed

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

are you talking about the ones that are suppost to fix cracks or chips, such as
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/rodi/per16067.html

and if you are talking about that, are you saying you used that to fill in small scratches, and it worked???

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

95 Base  what kind of kit is this?  Where did you get it?  And what did it Involve?  I have bad pitting, and it looks like the previous owner cleaned the rear window with some steel woll....

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

Sorry about the double post,  but I meant steel wool.  And by pitting I mean like really tiny little chips from the window that I'm guessing are from smaller rocks or something, but they can really get annnoying with the right angle of light on them...

Kevskate99

Windshields`

Post by Kevskate99 »

Steel wool is a good thing to use to clean the windows. I work at a professional Detailing and Autobody and Collision shop and that is what we use the clean the windows and they look great after!

Windshields`

Post by Guest »

Well, then this guy rubbed too hard or something.  Cause there are literally swirl marks in my rear window, that actually can cause glare problems.  Specially if the sun is behind me they'll light up and obscure my vision.  If you run your fingernail across them you can sorta feel them, but they're not super deep.

I wouldn't mind them except for the fact that feild of vision in the rear and side areas in the beretta is already pretty bad, but ad that into the mix and I feel blinded