No high beams!

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
voyager

No high beams!

Post by voyager »

the hi-beam switch in my car is broken. i don't want to shell out $$$ to fix it properly, because the turn signals / cruise control works fine. i'd like to run a switch to them seperate from the steering column, so i can have the dual hi-beams at will & whatnot..

somebody help me with the wiring! the hayne's manual is NO HELP. can i get to the wires i need under the dash, or do i need to run a wire all the way up to the headlight?

& what do you think about a switch on the floor?

thanks

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

No high beams!

Post by Guest »

Quote (voyager @ Feb. 21 2003,18:02)the hi-beam switch in my car is broken. i don't want to shell out $$$ to fix it properly, because the turn signals / cruise control works fine. i'd like to run a switch to them seperate from the steering column, so i can have the dual hi-beams at will & whatnot..

somebody help me with the wiring! the hayne's manual is NO HELP. can i get to the wires i need under the dash, or do i need to run a wire all the way up to the headlight?

& what do you think about a switch on the floor?

thanks
Are you for real? The dimmer switch is like 10 to 15 bucks, has 2 screws on the side of the column under the dash, and the harness plugs in. What's the big deal? ÂÂÂ

voyager

No high beams!

Post by voyager »

?? i was told the whole turn signal/cruise control arm would have to be replaced, involving removing the steering wheel, and costing $150 ?? are you saying this thing is only $15 and unscrews without taking off the steering wheel? my turn signals stopped working in my 89, and it was at least 150 to have it replaced!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

No high beams!

Post by Guest »

I bet you went to NAPA didn't ya?

I asked for that part there, and the guy lectured me on for about 5 minutes about that piece...... when I wouldn't back down, he said "let me look it up and double check" smirk on his face....

his jaw dropped when he foudn out I was right, apolized and grabbed the part. Your total is 26.50 he said..

I said "no thanks, autozone is cheaper" and walked out with a smirk on MY face

voyager

No high beams!

Post by voyager »

are you sure we're talking about the same thing? the TURN SIGNAL SWITCH ASSEMBLY is used to turn on the high beams, and replacing it involves removing my aitbag-equipped steering wheel..

~-~-~-~-~-~-~