RSMRacing.com

Looking to buy or sell something? Check the buyer or sellers history here.
MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

I ordered and Poly upper engine mount from RSMRacing.com (idiotically on their non-secure site, which was just dumb of me - but that's unrelated) on 9/1 nd they emailed me afterwards and said it would be shipped out next week, (Tues after Mem. day.)

So yesterday I was reviewing my debit balance online and found they charged me $81.43 for a $40 mount plus shipping.  I called them and explained that shipping better not be $41.43, said they'd call be back - never called.  

I called them today and asked about it again and they said they had me down for the lower engine mount for $65 plus shipping and told me that what I ordered and that's what they had already sent me.  I told them that was wrong and then patted myself on the back.

I emailed them the screenshot of the confirmation....    

...pwned.

They want me to call them when I get the lower one and they said they'd get back to me about what they want to do about this.  They better not think I'm gonna pay the shipping to send the wrong one back!  

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
Ribz80

RSMRacing.com

Post by Ribz80 »

RSM has horror stories about the parts and the service.  There is a thread about the ported parts having shavings all the way into the ports of their manifolds and having not been cleaned.  

Only think I would buy from them is the rear shock tower brace, thats it.

Mantapart has gotten a horrible rap, these guys dont have the level of parts that Manta offers so they shouldnt get away with anything.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006
Asylum

RSMRacing.com

Post by Asylum »

RSM is just a half hour down the road from me and I wouldn't buy used bubble gum from them.

In fact they don't make anything! Or at least very little.

It's all repackaged stuff from other sources.

And WAY too expensive.

Eric

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
bonecrrusher

RSMRacing.com

Post by bonecrrusher »

Maj, well do you have the lower one? If not you could still use it anyways, and then order the other one from Karo @ carcustoms.net.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

I haven't gotten the lower mount yet, and unless they already sent the upper out after I told them about it, I won't have enough time.  Looks like I'll be getting it from carcustoms.

»Jason

rweatherford

RSMRacing.com

Post by rweatherford »

You should have known better....

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

(rweatherford @ Sep. 12 2005,06:51)Q
U
O
T
EYou should have known better....
Well, at the time of purchase I didn't realize where else I could get it.  And it seemed like a pretty simple order, very straightforward.....  yada yada.  

MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

I called rsm and told them I'm cancelling my order because I need it faster than they'd be able to get it to me - because they wanted to wait until they get the wrong one back before they send me the right one.  So f'em!    Carcustoms.net here I come.  

»Jason

RSMRacing.com

Post by Guest »

Man I am glad I read this, I was considering getting a few things from the site...

I think Tranzgenic needs to Dominate the beretta aftermarket world who else is with me!

MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

Called RSM now that I got the mount, I didn't open it to look at it, though I was tempted.  They gave me their UPS account number and I'm shipping it back tonight.

Update:
I returned the part and just need to send them the tracking number and they should crediting my account.  

»Jason

MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

So I went to send RSM the tracking number on Tuesday and found it had been delivered, by Tuesday, if not Monday.  I called yesterday and they told me it could take 24 - 48 hours to post to my account.  It is Thursday, who wants to bet that I'm actually going to get my money before the day is over?  Should I call and ***** today and give them the benefit of the doubt and call tomorrow?

»Jason

MAJ28

RSMRacing.com

Post by MAJ28 »

Q
U
O
T
ERSM,

My name is Jason Altenbaugh, as you may or may not remember, I returned a Beretta 3100 lower motor mount, because I ordered the upper and the lower was accidentally sent.  As I told the gentleman on the phone on Friday when I call (after calling Thursday), I placed a copy of the receipt for shipping on the box, which was $15.xx, and the the refund due for the part is $81.xx, for the part including shipping - since the error was on your part.  I don't have exact figures in front of me, but I'm owed roughly $97-$98 USD.  When I called on Thursday I was told it would take 24 - 48 hours to credit my account, then on Friday it was clarified to me that it was 24 - 48 after the information was recieved by the accounting dept.  Basically you recieved the item on Tuesday (possibly earlier) and I'm still waiting for my refund.  If it's not on by Thursday, (which would be 9 days after you recieved the returned part,) I'm going to start making phone calls....  that you won't want me to make.

»Jason Altenbaugh

96BlackRoseZ26

RSMRacing.com

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Tear 'em a new one man!! ÂÂÂ

Sorry, obligatory post whore reply.  

Have you ever felt like you were flying, but didn't have wings?

Jerry Bickley
02 Navy Blue Metallic Monte Carlo SS
3800 V6/4-Speed Auto

bonecrrusher

RSMRacing.com

Post by bonecrrusher »

Ghey..... I hate RSM... Anyone want dust in there engine?

Anyone want to see there ported intakes?

Ummm yeah... I can do that with a drill w/ a grinding bit on it.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
payback

RSMRacing.com

Post by payback »

actually a manual lathe would have that done in about 2 minutes give or take, if anyone on this board wants heads ported i would seriously consider just finding a friend who works in a machine shop or just pay the money and have it done right aka-Extrude Honed.i have considered taking on the extra work but im too lazy to use a manual lathe and have yet to learn how to program our automatic cnc's.

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone