intake manifold for a 3.1L

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
1crazedmind

Post by 1crazedmind »

greetings once again the last time I had problems with my Beretta with codes and shuch. since then I pulled the 3.1L out and had the heads cleaned and redone and timing chain replaced good thing too. It was flopping around like a fish out of water and slapped the guide to bits. pulling my 3.1 started with the injectors being replaced. I droped one of the rubber seals to the wiring to the injectors and got stuck under the exhaust maniold heat sheild and I couldn't reach it. And saw all the grease caked on the engine so one thing lead to another I had the 3.1 out. Get new injectors, coils harmonic balancer. But as always something had to F**K ^ I cracked the bolt holes that holds the valve covers in place I over torqued them. But seems to have been cracking all along and found my oil leaks. This was the first time I changed my cover gaskets so who ever had the Beretta before I seems to have cracked or started to crack on them. now I need to know where I can get a new replacement. on line or have on custom made. Junk yard was my first attempt but most looked cracked already or other parts chipped or is cracking. so Im playing with JB weld it but not sure if it will hold . Need some info please Thanks...

CRAZE
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

So you just need the valve covers, or did the holes in the heads crack? I'm sure 1988GTU can get what you need, just PM him. If I remember right, it's only 10ft-lbs for the valve cover bolts.

keep'em flying!
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

WOW, if you managed to crack the valve covers you WAAAAAYYYYY over torqued them.  They only need to be "snug".  I only use a 1/4 inch ratchet that's like 4 inches long to tighten them.  

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

Oh, to help with your delema.  If its the valve covers you need.  ANY 2.8, 3.1, 3100, 3400 V6 valve cover will work.  Wether it's plastic or aluminum.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
Luckymc420

Post by Luckymc420 »

I did a quick ebay check...

Ebay: Search 3100 Valve Covers

Project B!

1991 5-Speed Beretta with a 2002 3400 OBDII In progress.....
1crazedmind

Post by 1crazedmind »

Not the valve covers those are fine the lower intake manifold it adapts to the heads so the vales cover can fit. But the lower intake that covers the push rods have 2 small tear drop or nipple looking think thats holds the bolts and I cracked them.   But the valve covers are fine>

CRAZE
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

If the intake it se;f is cracked I would look into a 3400 top end swap.  otherwise strickly 2.8 and 3.1 MPFI intakes will work.  If the head's have the same problem I'd just apt to do the top end swap.  It don't cost much (if any) more than stock parts and adds more power.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
leadfoot93

Post by leadfoot93 »

do you feel like cutting a hole in your hood or making a 4" cowl.  if you do hit me up i got what you need

foot in the floor mpg about 8