Throttle body porting 3.1 L

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Throttle body porting 3.1 L

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes the higher the RPM the more the error compounds...

You also did not state KM/H either... you have no location stated and you didn't say which scale you were using... A large majority of the users on here are using the English system so we intepret stuff as MPH and HP and so on.... so when you just drop a number with no scale we have no idea what your referring to, SO yes I'll take fault at assuming the wrong measurment. But at the same time I would appreciate it if you are not plastering every thread with a street racing story... IIRC in your country its highly illegal and you can possibly loose your license if caught "street racing"

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

beretta wrote:I know my spedo is correct so what should my rpm be at 180 KM/h in 5th gear...
5th gear: 0.72:1
Final drive ratio: 3.61:1
Tires.. 205/60/15 might be 65's pretty sure they are 60's. spedo might be off my 1 or 2 KM/h faster.
Under 4k RPM

http://www.csgnetwork.com/multirpmcalc.html

Use the "Transmission Final Gear Ratio Manual Entry" table at the bottom so you can enter in which gear your running to get the proper RPM vs MPH yes you'll have to convert from KM/h first. 180 ~ 110mph.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
beretta

Post by beretta »

i dont street race.. what are you talking about ? im sure its illegal in most countries thats why there is race tracks

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

beretta wrote:i dont street race.. what are you talking about ? im sure its illegal in most countries thats why there is race tracks
beretta wrote:well i went for a drive tonight and i smoked a newer ford truck, guy was on my bumper and flew by me and i easily past him and i slowly gained on him once i got beside him and doing 150 ish in 4th gear over 7,000 rpm and when i got her in 5th i was gone. i know those ford trucks go like heck and i dunno how i beat him but i know he was gunning on it the 2nd time he tryed to pass he couldnt get in front of me but was right there the whole time till i hit 5th. was like a 05 at least maybe newer.
I'm done with this topic.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
beretta

Post by beretta »

Well i assumed my tach was out by aprox 500 all the way, never thought it would be out more the higher it goes. i guess that makes sense. going to attempt to wire up the digital cluster again today. missed 1 wire for tach to work.

tires. 24.7 inch diameter
4,000 rpm
5th 0.72 gear
Final drive 3.61
Speed... 181 KM/h

WOW i guess it is out by alot. at that speed its out 2,000, maybe thats why my friend the other day too was saying holly this thing has alot of top end LOL when im pushing the tach past 7,000 and its still pulling hard.

So... my bad... i figured the tach would only be out 500 all the way. apparently i was wrong....

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3X00-Modified wrote:
beretta wrote:i dont street race.. what are you talking about ? im sure its illegal in most countries thats why there is race tracks
beretta wrote:well i went for a drive tonight and i smoked a newer ford truck, guy was on my bumper and flew by me and i easily past him and i slowly gained on him once i got beside him and doing 150 ish in 4th gear over 7,000 rpm and when i got her in 5th i was gone. i know those ford trucks go like heck and i dunno how i beat him but i know he was gunning on it the 2nd time he tryed to pass he couldnt get in front of me but was right there the whole time till i hit 5th. was like a 05 at least maybe newer.

Evidently the aircraft grade aluminum super uber cool ricer wing allows his car to do things that neither me or you can comprehend! Jon, I fully expect you to get with the program by joining the "cool kids club" and to have the identical wing on your car by BFEST! This is NOT a negotiation! :P :crazy: %) :ROFL:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

3X00-Modified wrote:

I will ALSO call BS on this one. Not on you Jon, on the story poster. I JUST SO HAPPEN TO OWN an '05 Ford F150 with a 5.4L V8 and a few MINOR mods including true dual exhaust. While it is very powerful especially in the low and mid ranges, they are not as powerful up top.

The reason however, I'm calling bullshit, is because I know FOR A FACT , that '05 F150's have a 100 MPH governor cut off. So even at your supposed converted speed from km/h to mph of 93 MPH, you'd have already been pulling away from him. Easily. The F150's tend to have next to no balls above 90mph.

But I sincerely doubt your Beretta was even doing that speed. I've seen you light list of mods and the car you're running. Not buying.

So unless his truck was programmed and modded, yeah.......

Sorry to rehash a dead thread, but this link was just pointed out to me.

SGR

beretta

Post by beretta »

my spedo does not lie, it is dead on with the radar signs posted up all over the place.

why are we still going on with these old posts lol.