CAI Question

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
Nemesis

CAI Question

Post by Nemesis »

Anybody using a cold air intake on their cars have any trouble with sucking up water? I wanted to get a cold air intake but that's my main concern. I have a Z26 and it looked pretty sealed up where the filter would go. I don't drive through big puddles but I do get some heavy rain where I live.

Money pit Beretta

Re: CAI Question

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Never heard of that with these cars. With a K&N you wouldn't have that problem anyway.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Never heard of that with these cars.
Agreed...

Money pit Beretta wrote: With a K&N you wouldn't have that problem anyway.
and how did you come to this conclusion?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Oil and water. I've read on other car sites about people having that problem with a paper filter. That is also due to where the filter is on those cars. There is a limit on what a K&N can take, but it's a hell of alot more than a paper filter.
I guess that I could also add that there is nothing to soak up the water because the filter is already soaked with oil.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I had issues with water condensation in the oil with the CAI the base had on it, due to its location in the fender well right next to the plastic liner. Colder weather would allow cold air to collect on the warm engine parts once it was turned off etc. Once I moved it up into the engine bay (basically making it a WAI) that stopped. Now its fine. But I don't have a K&N style either, in fact its a rusted over, chrome finished, oddball. lol

I have yet to put a new one on it.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan