Boo I'm Back and Have another new beretta

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Styluss
Global Moderator

Re: Boo I'm Back and Have another new beretta

Post by Styluss »

Jon... Go back to taking the time off before you blow your own head up over this or anything else...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
beretta

Post by beretta »

3400beretta wrote:Jon, my post is directed at him. He is confused on what engine he actually has. He thinks it is a VVT, but it is most definately not, and therefore it is not from a 2010 car as he thinks.

Well the tag inside the drivers door says 2010 so unless GM miss labeled the car then i dont know. is it possible someone ordered it with the regular lx-9 ?
Its a whole car sitting in a wreckers, smashed front end air bags gone off. car was complete until i grabbed the top end.. but after a couple days thinking about it, i figured i would just go grab the rest of the motor and trany..
For $150 why not get it, the trany wont work but its worth a hell of a lot more then $150 to re sell it

BTW, i paid $20 for the heads and lower/upper intake, and for $150 i can get the block and trany, and its easier for me to take the trany with it then try to unbolt everything, if you unbolt everything and have it 100% ready to pull they will pull it for you otherwise your lifting it out yourself.
I will be lucky if the car is even still sitting there.... this is a scrap yard where i go not a regular old junk yard where the cars sit there for years. every other scrap yard in the area is paying $140/ton for cars this guy is paying $240 still so you can just imagine how full his yard is, there is cars piled 6 high and the cars on the ground you cant walk between, im trying to get there saturday to find out if its even still sitting there or if its in the pile already.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Picture of said door tag... a 2010 Pontiac didn't exist really.... Especially not an "ordered" version of a model. Maybe this was a leftover car that was thrown together with a left over 3500 non VVT engine. But that would be really odd because they canceled that engine in 2007
For 2009, 2.4 L four-cylinder engines were added to the coupe lineup. During 2009, GM went through a major restructuring, the Pontiac brand was to be cancelled, and the 2010 Pontiacs would never see reality. So GM created the 2009.5 model year to use up all available parts that were made for the 2010 model. Changes consisted of a revised front and rear fascia as well as a revision on the interior . During the final weeks of production GM created yet another G6 trim level for the last of the coupe models, called the G6X, that consisted of what ever was left in the GM parts bin. These last G6X coupes received upgraded equipment, such as the larger Pontiac G8 wheels, tires, and brakes. Most of the one-hundred G6X coupes came with the 3.5 L however the last twenty-five came with the top of the line 3.9 L V6. The final 100 G6 sedans were built November 25, 2009 as part of a fleet order; these were the last United-States-built Pontiac automobiles

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Yes, it is a fact that there were NO G6's with a 2010 build date.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
3400beretta

Post by 3400beretta »

Maybe not with a 2010 build date, but there definately are 2010 G6s. There are a few on autotrader right now. Maybe a canada only thing?

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

3400beretta wrote:Maybe not with a 2010 build date, but there definately are 2010 G6s. There are a few on autotrader right now. Maybe a canada only thing?
The 2009.5 models (already mentioned) were sold as 2010's. But the op said this car has a 2010 build date. Noooooooooooooope

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i think pontiac was a bigger hit in canada in it's last years...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
beretta

Post by beretta »

well i was back at the scrap yard today and my baby is still sitting there and will be safe until next week for me to go pull the engine, i talked to the guy that works there today after i seen the yard 3/4 crushed and being trucked out i asked to keep it safe until i get there next week.

Hard to readr the door tag but it says 10/04

And i just cant hold back showing off my sexy new parts. the body kit is like ya whatever.. but the gtz panels are SWEEEEEEEEEEET lol..

Alos.. if anyone has a driver side GTZ handle bezel im interested, mine is cracked around the inside door handle. no rush as i have all winter for this project but just throwing it out there.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

beretta wrote:Hard to read the door tag but it says 10/04
Yes, 10/04 aka OCTOBER 2004 aka it's a 2005 Pontiac G6! lol :fool:

beretta

Post by beretta »

Duh what was i thinking ? 2010 april ? duh ill be ok in the spring lmao

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

wow... I guess that explains it...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
beretta

Post by beretta »

Hmmm. lots of comments on my stupidness for thinking the date was 2010 but no comments on my sexy GTZ parts ? come one really ? whats wrong with you people LMAO... I have searched for 3 years to find gtz door panels within my reach, and these just fall into my lap and no one cares :Yahoo!:

must be the ricer kit throwing it off. LOL... i dont care its going on the car.. i have a near original 88 and will remain that way with cross lace rims and the whole 9 yards, my white 96 hopefully will be rebuilt and be dam close to stock look at least with z wheels. and the black 96 is going to be riced out but still have gtz wheels. i will be using the gtz interior panels that i have, and keeping the rest of interior stock not ricing out my dash and painting crap. The kit is going on for 1 reason and that reason only.. because its sexy .. LOL.. no because except for this 1 red base beretta i recently spotted this summer and actually at the end of my new road im the only one with a beretta within miles and miles surrounding, and when i come down the road in this car it will stand the hell right out i want people to noticed it.

And im told these duraflex kits are indestructible so next time i decide to park it on the roof, the body kit will survive =@

beretta

Post by beretta »

I paid $250 for the black car with all the parts.. And on trade i gave him back the front seats for his project truck ( i have another 2 sets) completely stripped bare 94 chevy truck doors and a steering column for the same truck.
The gtz wheels were beat up and scratched and damage on the lip, i sold them for $160 ( i have a nicer set of gtz wheels)
Had 4 matching snow tires 90% tread but were weather checked i sold those for $75.

So a 96 z26 with..

brand new duraflex vader kit

Gtz rear interior panels

2 white front fenders rust free

2 white doors with power windows rust free ( GTZ panels)

Trunk lid with spoiler

Box of mixed parts / new shocks

Im sure im missing something. But for $15 i have invested i must say thats a DEAL! or a STEAL! lol

Oh and i have $20 invested in 3500 complete top end that i planned on putting on a 3400 for this car, but trying to go get the whole 3500 motor, mind you its been open now for 3-4 weeks without the heads, i smeared the oil around the cylinders every time i go to the scrap yard and cover it with a floor mat that someone keeps moving on me LOL. and i would have stripped it down anyways and put new gaskets ect in it anyway so no big deal that its apart. But at that point i will have another $150 invested for a total of $185 for a 96z26 body kit spare parts and a 3500 motor and trany-to resell.

And i thank the guy i bought the car from sooooo much.. i looked at this back in the summer. Was listed on kijiji for 30 minutes when i seen it, i called him the next morning asap, i went and looked at it the following day and he was aware of my work and my pay..my boss was sort of a dick.. contracting and didnt pay till the jobs were done so he could invoice it, the last job was 3 months long and was supposed to invoice different things separate at that job and just waited it out to do 1 big invoice leaving me no money for over 3 months and still working everyday on top.. in 6 months i worked for him i put in just shy of 800 hours.
I pulled up in my beretta... he says i dont care how long it takes for you to pay me you showed up here in a beretta the car is yours no worries ill hold it for you.

Did any Z26 come with black seats ??? it has black carpet thats the only thing different in the interior.. i want black seats.
There were some forsale but i think they are gone or just not listed anymore, guy had custom power leather seats fronts and rear for a beretta had them in storage for several years covered and protected like new condition wanted $300 for them.

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yes, no GTZ or Z26 with black seats though i'm pretty sure. the 90 gt that you got the engine harness from, that had black interior.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

beretta wrote: Its a whole car sitting in a wreckers, smashed front end air bags gone off. car was complete until i grabbed the top end..

That is not a smashed front end ...

THIS is a smashed front end!

The entire engine bay was crushed together and shoved 6 inches to the passenger side.

I should have taken that volvo grille home with me and mounted it like the trophy kill it was..

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"