Hurricane Sandy Support

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Hurricane Sandy Support

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you can in any way possible try to help out those currently in need.

http://www.redcross.org/

http://www.fema.gov/volunteer-donate-responsibly

Anything is helpful at this point.

Yesterday I took a 9hr round trip drive down there with my Generator and 40gal of fuel for my Brother and his family. He lives in Wanamassa NJ and hasn't had power since Monday night and the outlook for return is near 14 days from now, if not longer. I left him with 24gal of gas a full generator and all wired up to keep him going with what he needs(I had to use the rest of the fuel to put in the truck to get back home... Gas lines are 1 mile long in areas). Luckily he had hot water with a mechanical gas fired water heater, but his heat was beginning to be the question, with only one small gas fireplace in the house the upstairs was rather cold. I also did this to help out my 2yr old nephew, and my sister in law who's first day of maternity leave was yesterday. She has a scheduled delivery of the 16th... I'm hoping he will be able to bring his son home to a house with power but at least my generator will provide what he needs if he is still out.

Honestly I drove around down there a little as well as going to the intersection of 17th and Ocean to view the Pizza place my brothers father-in-law owns. Luckily minimal damages inside only most to the exterior but the sight of what USED to be the beech and where the boardwalk once was is just so hard to take in... I honestly felt like I was in a movie of a war scene with helicopters flying around everywhere, National Guard everywhere and just all the cleanup that was going on.

What I saw was nothing compared to what has happened elsewhere, it's just indescribable, and I'm afraid with human nature in NY that things will get out of control quick if they can't get things situated... its getting bad enough as it is.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Re: Hurricane Sandy Support

Post by Barry »

Agreed. Everyone should really help out if you can. NY/NJ/PA got slammed pretty good.

Violence is already arupting at gas stations and food stores. The quicker power gets restored the faster we can stop the senseless violence.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

My old Boy Scout troop and I made a nice donation to the Red Cross on Monday. Remember people, even if you don't have much to give, you still have more than who you're giving too!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Mr. Beefy

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Barry wrote:Agreed. Everyone should really help out if you can. NY/NJ/PA got slammed pretty good.

Violence is already arupting at gas stations and food stores. The quicker power gets restored the faster we can stop the senseless violence.
Hey everyone it's been a while :wink: .I'm a little late to the party here but yea we got slammed. I was evacuated because of being right by the Barnegat Bay but I was lucky. Outside of a couple tree branches I didn't have any major damage. I was also lucky with the power only being out for 5 days at my house. Some people were back in 5 days, my parents were 10 days but I know people who were out for over 2 weeks. The damage that you might have seen on the TV is real, but it's not near what it is like when you step foot in the areas. It was very dicey around here for about a week or so following the storm when things were starting to get desperate......... especially with no power and needing gas for your cars/generators. I have pictures of the damage from about a month ago and it looked terrible. It's very sombering going to the beach areas looking at the destruction and knowing that most of what I remember of my childhood isnt there anymore. My wife and I did a 5K run the day before the storm in Point Pleasant(a hard hit area) and seeing the pictures after saddened us knowing that most of boardwalk that we ran wasn't there anymore. They are just starting to rebuild the boardwalks and dunes in the area but there was so much destroyed and damaged that it's going to take YEARS to recover from this. I just want to thank everyone and anyone who sent supplies, money, or themselves to help with the recovery. There are a lot of areas that we are still not able to access, but progress is slowly being made.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon