anybody ever get phone calls from 000-000-0000??

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
themadness

anybody ever get phone calls from 000-000-0000??

Post by themadness »

i have been getting them for about a week and finally decided to try to shut it down. i was thinking if i scared who ever it was enough they wouldnt call back. didnt work for sure. the lady(sounded like she was from india) kept calling me back. which of course pissed me off. the she started telling me before i would hang up on her that she was "going to call me back in 2 mins". of course that added fuel to the fire. the f-bombs started dropping like shock and awe. she actually called back 6 times in total. stupidly, i got to the point where i was screaming at the lady through the phone. around the 4th time she repeated everything i said like the "i know you are but what am i" game kids play.

unleashed hell i did!!

its obviously a telemarketer but i have also read calls from numbers like that have caused people to get reverse charges on their bills up to gynormous amounts. i did the do not call list but i have a feeling that wont do much.

any body else get these or is it just me?

2.2H8TA

Re: anybody ever get phone calls from 000-000-0000??

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Just last week I was at my desk at the car lot I work at, and I recived a call on the office phone from phone # 000-012-3456.
On the caller ID, it came up as Incoming call, and then the number. It didn't say unknown name or anything, just...
INCOMING CALL
000-012-3456
I did not answer that call. Haven't gotten it again. Good luck with your problem, sounds annoying as hell. You're reciving these calls on a cell phone?

1994 AQUA ZED
themadness

Post by themadness »

yes...on verizon. i called them and they were clueless.....

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I don't get it, there is an app for everything but you can't block a number?

keep'em flying!
themadness

Post by themadness »

verizon lady said there is a charge of 4.99 a month for a service that allows you to block calls. apparently it would be difficult to do b/c the number is all zeros. reading up on it i have found out that there are programs marketers use to hide there number to get around the "do not call list". the crazy thing is she wasnt trying to sell or collect anything. all i got from her the first couple of times was "hello how is your day? i'm just calling to get some info....blahblahblah" i cut her off before she could get any further and the games began!

Money pit Beretta

Man these companys are always out to screw you out of a buck in some way.
There is always something that they should be doing to make a better product, but all they care about is money. This is what I hate about the way things are going. If everyone just takes it nothing better will happen. It will only get worse.

Next time tell them you are out of work and have no credit(not bad credit, none at all). You don't go anywhere or do anything or buy anything that is not needed.
End game, you will have no usefull info to give. Most of the time you will get a "thank you good bye".

keep'em flying!
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Mr Number. Free android app. Block any number. Some ports of Android have this function already built in. Mr. Number allows you to block any number that isn't in your contacts. Very helpful.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Mr Call block is a great app. My new Samsung Note 2 has a call/text blocker built in. You can even set it to block all numbers that aren't in your contacts.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

The number you are seeing is meaningless due to the fact that you can spoof pretty much any phone number you want to trick caller ID. I would just not answer, no reason to get all upset about it

696-696-6969 call me

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

an "auto-dialer" that was not setup properly by someone at a outbound call center... the company can be charged/fined for that usually...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number or the area it's coming from... If it's important they will leave me a voice mail.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

3X00-Modified wrote:I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number or the area it's coming from... If it's important they will leave me a voice mail.
EXACTLY. Hell, I don't answer the number if it's not in my contact list.

I have been getting texts recently from my CL ad for the Z I have for sale that are scammers. This one is new to me. They text asking me to email them. But it is as easy as googling their phone number or the email that they ask me to contact to find out if they are indeed fakes or scammers. I just don't know how someone over the age of 18 could fall for this crap anymore...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

you'll never get on the "so called" do-not-call-list by not answering your phone though...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Money pit Beretta

LOL I don't even have a what is a normal at this time phone. Hit me up on the rotary or the wireless! Just sold the crank phone. All my apps are on paper.
Last cell I had was in the mid 90's.

Avatar was my first transportation(no not really, but I have been in a few).

keep'em flying!
Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

3X00-Modified wrote:I don't answer the phone unless I recognize the number or the area it's coming from... If it's important they will leave me a voice mail.
I feel the same way. Specially with the damn political phone calls on my house phone. Thank god the election is over.