Wow..Been a while but need CarFax help

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
96BlackRoseZ26

Wow..Been a while but need CarFax help

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Hello everyone,

Well, it has been a LONG time since I've been on here. I traded in my 96 Black Rose Metallic Z26 around 6 years ago when I bought my 2002 Monte Carlo SS (Worse decision I ever made. My son actually cried when we traded it in :cry: ). A year after buying the car, I had to replace the engine due to a spun bearing. It has had alignment issues and chews up tires like they're made of licorice. It's had a deer thrown at it by a semi truck ($5K worth of front-end damage). My niece side-swiped it with her Father's F350, and the list seems to go on and on. :O: Heavy sigh...

Now, for the past 6 months, it has started having transmission issues. The 4T65e transmission is known for problems with the seals on the input clutch pistons and mine is no different. I have tracked down a transmission from a 2004 Grand Prix for $100.00 which is a decent deal, however the seller didn't know the mileage on the vehicle. He bought the engine and trans together for a project he was working on but has since scrapped. The car it came from had been rear-ended and totaled out.

Now that I've probably put half of you to sleep (I tend to be long winded), what I am needing is an estimate on how many miles this transmission might have on it. The best way I figure I can do that is with a CarFax report and looking at the last report date it might have on it. I know in the past when I've asked for one, there has always been someone here who has been kind enough to use their resources to provide one which has been GREATLY appreciated. I'm trying to determine if I should do a rebuild on the $100 transmission, or give it some new fluid, a filter, and pan gasket and take the chance and drop it in.

This isn't a job I'm looking forward to by any means and it makes me miss my Z26 even more, but it has to be done and with today's economy the way it is, I certainly can't afford to pay a trans shop for the removal/rebuild/replacement of the transmission.

The VIN from the Grand Prix is 2G2WP522941169563.

If anyone can provide any info on this vehicles history or mileage at it's time of death, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this short novel...lol

- Jerry Bickley

P.S. Shouts out to Chaz, Jim and Donna, and Indy Jim. You guys still around and doing the Beretta thing??

ErichZ26

Re: Wow..Been a while but need CarFax help

Post by ErichZ26 »

Hi Jerry..nice to see you

what is with all the people from the past returning.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
Carson21R

Post by Carson21R »

96BlackRoseZ26

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Thanks a lot Carson. Much appreciated! Now I just need to figure out how long it had been sitting in the boneyard and this guys garage...lol

96BlackRoseZ26

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Hi Erich!

Have a lot of the older members been showing up lately?? Haven't talked to anyone from here in ages it seems. Great bunch of people!

I hope you didn't do that damage to the Beretta in that picture....wow.

- Jerry