Let's talk about Hideous cars!

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Amateur

Let's talk about Hideous cars!

Post by Amateur »

This is where I find cars that are most hideous that I HAVE to dedicate a topic to them. There's no such thing as bad publicity right and I'm sure you guys have your own personal eye bleaching cars that you'd like to add to this.

Here and now, I find the new Honda Accord Hybrid to be weird...in a bad way. the regular accord looks quite handsome and then they do this to it...It makes me feel uncomfortable looking at it. On a side note, I like the rugged backdrop they used for this car...I mean it's something I expect from a subaru or their own CR-V, but the accord...really? Come on Honda, who are you fooling here.

This Lexus LfLc concept. It would look fine if it wasn't for its predator-like front end.
Tell me I'm not the only one that sees this.

More to come down the road.

berettaboi

Re: Let's talk about Hideous cars!

Post by berettaboi »

hahahahaa awesome

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Koots

Post by Koots »

I never noticed the predator mouth grille LOL I can't unsee it now :D

I find the Nissan Cube to be the ugliest goddamned thing ever put on 4 wheels. At least the Aztek has popped back up in pop culture on Breaking Bad. Even though people bought them more when they stripped away the utility and made it bloated (Buick Rendezvous), I guess they just can't handle all that ugly LOL

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Every car has its charms? Maybe? Get drunk then look at it, maybe it gets better.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Thompson128

Post by Thompson128 »

Nissan does a pretty good job with ugly cars, between the cube as you mentioned or the juke, I don't know whats worse. Not to mention the Murano.

themadness

Post by themadness »

aaargh! beat me to it thompson!!!!

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

Don't forget the Rogue and the Leaf. Nissan seems to have a lock on ugly lately.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Thompson128

Post by Thompson128 »

DanteGTZ wrote:Don't forget the Rogue and the Leaf. Nissan seems to have a lock on ugly lately.
With cars as beautiful as the GT-R and the Z classes, I really don't understand what happened.

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Nissan does a pretty good job with ugly cars, between the cube as you mentioned or the juke, I don't know whats worse. Not to mention the Murano.
x2 here. Nissan has been all over the place with their styling lately. Normally a brand has a coherent theme but in Nissan's case, its a severe case of ADD. The Juke is a freak of nature that I'm willing to turn a blind eye to only because they made the Juke-R. Don't get me wrong, it's still an eyesore but the fact that they crammed the GTR drivetrain in there and kicked the crap out of lambo's and ferraris in Dubai is awesome. Granted it was only because it was a turn happy track and the Juke did have AWD and a twin turbos with a shorter wheelbase, but still....
It's actually for sale to the public at a cost of 600,000 dollars (why? just buy SEVERAL GTR's instead with the same money!) but it has 545hp with a 0-60 time 0f 3 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph.

It's like if GM made the Feretta and said, Hey, we'll sell to you peasants for the hell of it!

Now the Murano, A.K.A humpback whale-face has nothing to fall back on.
Especially the Convertible:

I mean seriously, who was this thing made for? The Cast of Sex and the City...yeah that's what it was. Or some country-club tennis playing wife from the hamptons.
^^^Owners of Murano convertible, Presumably saying "Cindy said her husband William has an Erectile Dysfunction disorder hahaha"
"than I said, I know! I've been sleeping with him for the past 3 years!"
[hysterical laughter]

Disclaimer: May not actually portray what they are saying

Koots

Post by Koots »

I hated the Juke at first, but there ugliness has grown on me, but there are tons of them here in my smalltown, so I see 2-3 within 1km of my apartment and thats not counting the Ford/Nissan(?) dealership that's even closer than that that I drive past everyday.

I still can't warm up to the Cube. I just have a problem with a non-symmetrical car.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I am LMAO over here!

Okay, to spin the boat out of control by throwing in my oar and rowing backwards...

-The Juke is severely ugly, couldn't they have decided what set of headlights they wanted on the car and left it there?
-The Murano, or the Moron-o... Ugly.
-The Cube, I like, just because they named it so properly, but it should have stayed in Japan where it fits in with 'we build cars for fun, not to take them seriously!'
-How about the Scion XB, they are sooo close to saying 'BoX'! The rest of their line is just boring.
-The Honda Element, first of the series of 'boxes on wheels', wasn't it? No style, no flavor, but at least it is Honda quality...
-I was almost used to the 350Z, when they made an ugly caricature of it, the 370Z. Ooo, looky, it has a Cobra-looking face, goody! :Bravo: Blech!
-I thought the PT Cruiser was hideous, then Chevy trumped it with the HHR. What the H-H-E-Double-toothpicks were they thinking with that?? Even the NAME is stupid. %)
-Speaking of stupid GM names, how about the Pen!$ Envoy... (sorry :oops: )
...And speaking of ugly cruisers, Toyota's FJ Cruiser makes me want to laugh and gag at the same time. Hey, lets mush the roof down a little more, then bloat it out a bit more too! Yeah, it is Retro! Slap some more plastic on the sides, yeah!
-I really liked the 300M of the late nineties/early 2000's (I have one as a lawn-ornament right now, not sure what its' fate will be yet though), but the first time I saw the replacement 300C, I stopped cold on the sidewalk and said 'Yuck.' I swear the car was sporting a Cadillac emblem on the grill, to this day we call them 'Caddyucks'.
-The Smart cars remind me of the kids' movie 'Aliens Vs Monsters' -the cars-as-rollerskates scene -except you don't have to be a giant to use them! :wink: But they aren't actually ugly, just funny-looking. Something that small should get 80+ MPG though, one of our family cars seats five, has an actual trunk, and STILL gets the same MPG as the Smart...
-Virtually everything else on the market is bland and boring, so at least ugly stands out...

I would apologize to anyone here that has/likes any of these cars, but I have ugly cars too, and we are all entitled to our opinions. Ahh, the anonymous web, last bastion of non-PC behavior! :pardon:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Koots

Post by Koots »

The HHR, in it's defense, is based on the original Suburban Carryall from the 50's...just tinier for normal people.
They aren't much special, unless you opt for the turbo SS as then you just get a 5dr Wagon version of the Cobalt SS and that scores some cool points in my book.

themadness

Post by themadness »

a buddy of mine had one of the scion's that he would drag all his co-workers to lunch in........the "lunch box" was born.

the kia soul and toyota rav4 fall in the ugly category

the jeep patriot is a bit of a turd IMO too

wi_corsica

Post by wi_corsica »

And HHR is Heritage High Roof for those that are wondering

88 Corsica Z51 // 90 Corsica Hatchback // 90 Beretta // 91 Corsica
themadness

Post by themadness »