School Project!

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Pete_BMR_z26

School Project!

Post by Pete_BMR_z26 »

So, not sure if I've mentioned that I'm a Mechanical Engineer at Drexel University, but I am. I have a CAD final project to create (using Creo Parametric and AutoCAD), but noo idea what I want to model. I was thinking some sort of car/engine/mechanical part so that I don't really have to design for ergonomics (hooray for shortcuts!), but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Whether it be something any one would need to be fabricated in a mach. shop, or any ideas of altering a part to be more efficient. Pictures/detailed ideas would be helpful as well. If it's a success, I'll post my working drawings and models for you to bring to a shop to have the part manufactured. Thanks all, and cheers. :beer:

-Pete

Barry
Global Moderator

Re: School Project!

Post by Barry »

What a small world. I am drexel mem as well. I modeled a coilover for my 240sx for that class. Are you a sophomore?

Pete_BMR_z26

Post by Pete_BMR_z26 »

Haha yeah it is a small world! I've started to model my old water pump, but DAMN is it complicated haha. Yeah I'm finishing up Soph year now. MEM 201 is the course. Would you happen to still have that coilover file? :wink:

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Unfortunatly I lost all that stuff when my old computer dumped. But I am really good with CAD so if you need any help let me know

Pete_BMR_z26

Post by Pete_BMR_z26 »

Okay will do! It's really just tedious and ProE/Creo SUCKS haha but ill be sure to let you know. Are you still in school?

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Yeah hopefully I graduate in the spring.

Creo is a pain in the ass but it's got a lot to offer. I use inventor at my job and it's easier but not as advanced

Pete_BMR_z26

Post by Pete_BMR_z26 »

Nice congrats! I like Solidworks, personally. It's all similar and all a pain in the ass, but it is what it is haha