forum traffic?

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: forum traffic?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It has that on the Legacy forums... why not show a screen shot from a real computer too since phone forum appearance is different than desktop.

That's actually the root of the problem... People live off a 4" phone screen and don't want to pay for the taptalk app...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

The laziness these days blows my mind and seriously irritates me. Big time.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Surprised people dont use the "speak to text" for typing more often.

_________
-------------
Rodville

forum traffic?

Post by Rodville »

It's not just this forum. It all of the ones I'm on. Like what was said Facebook is faster. It annoys me when people ask for answers to tech questions. Especially the ones that have long involved threads with tons of pics. I was posting links to the treads that answer the question but was criticized for posting a story when all they wanted was a quick answer. The lazy extends to the multi page threads. If its longer then one page it's too long to read. Annoying.

Sent from my Nokia 6185 using Tapatalk Pro (formally Tapatalk 2)
Last edited by Rodville on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bagged_and_loud

Post by bagged_and_loud »

Rodville, your avatar is sweet!

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I think the forums will always rule for tech

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
bagged_and_loud

Post by bagged_and_loud »

woody90gtz wrote:I think the forums will always rule for tech
Agreed.

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

I figured this forum slowed down a lot in the last couple years because the beretta hasn't been produced for over 15 years.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

It's a tough balance to have decent traffic and to have an user friendly forum.

If this type of forum wants to try and have higher traffic flow, it will need to risk letting things fly, be more lax'd. Having an open mind, acceptable audience, and a non easily offended audience will enable the ability to bring in the volume.
Otherwise, the current capacity of this forum's residence will remain.

_________
-------------
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

themixer wrote:the world is lazy i guess
It is beyond pathetic when people are too lazy to sit in front of a computer and post on a web-site...

b-net, and the whole Beretta community, has slowed down alot just since I joined bstuff several years ago. Bstuff had a lot of childish antics going on that I don't much miss, too much drama and way too much arrogance-and-attitude for my tastes. But it was more than compensated for by the activity, constant stream (or at least 'trickle') of new members, and a real sense of passion about these cars, true enthusiasm, that is all but missing now, save for a few die-hards here... :sorry: Nothing stays the same, and IMO it usually just gets worse. But, this is still one of the best automotive enthusiast communities I have ever found, so stay, relax, and enjoy. :good:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Rettax3 wrote:that is all but missing now, save for a few die-hards here...
That's missing from this site because all of those users think I'm Hitler and I will banish ban and warn anyone who starts an "off topic" topic... And I think you know how far fetched that is seeing how I have my legacy rebuild on here... But whatever let them be shallow minded, most of them didn't care much or even have a Beretta any more.

Oh yeah I'm not Hitler...

:sparta:

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Actually, IMO you are one of the die-hards, Mussolini... We've butted heads more than once, but I don't think it ever got disrespectful or hateful. We all have our opinions on things, and we are all wrong from time to time, but I would not even think of blaming you for reduced interest in this site, or reduced enthusiasm for posting about these cars. If anything, you help people here more than you chastise them.

I think the community is drying up because there are less of these cars around now, they are just getting older and a large part of the auto-owning populace doesn't want an aging car that may become riddled with problems -tired engines, slipping transmissions, grinding gears and worn synchros, worn suspension bushings, sagging springs, rusting bodies, firewall leaks, electrical problems, beat interiors, abuse from previous owners, etc. Berettas are cool if you are into Berettas -the new audience just isn't there to replace the old members who have sold off their cars or lost them through more unfortunate events. There are some people here that have given up on owning a Beretta that are still here for the community, but that won't be a large segment of the community, even as the community itself shrinks. I love my (many) Berettas, but they will never hold the classic status that the cars considered to be classics today have. They are more than just basic transportation, these are fuel-efficient well-handling fun-to-drive cars that are cheap to maintain and easy to modify, but they have no market value, and little respect outside of the community. I'm always hearing from people 'Oh, that's a Beretta, I used to have one of those.' I almost never hear, 'Hey, I have a Beretta too!' I will usually park next to one in a parking-lot if I can, just to show solidarity, but I am a die-hard too, so...

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
ChevyBerettaGT

Post by ChevyBerettaGT »

This forums traffic died when bstuff was in general just a much more popular forum.

When Bstuff died for who the gently caress knows why reasons, the bnet FB page took over.

At this point theres really no reason to post something on a board that most people check once a month, when you can post the same thing on the FB page and get 20 replies in an hour.

edit: and not to mention if you post something that is even remotely risque, the thread will be locked or deleted anyway.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

My reason for posting on B-Net is that I don't like Twit-Face, or Face-Planter, or Space-Case, or My Palm-in-the-Face, or any of the other chat-a-lot about the color of your pee web-sites. Just personal bias, I guess. :pardon: I happily admit I am vastly uninitiated on those sites. Oops, was the word 'pee' risque? :oops: LOCK! :Bravo:

1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

You must use the terms, "waste matter" or "egesta"

_________
-------------