Gas Monkey Garage (Fast and Loud)

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
4DoorGTZ

Re: Gas Monkey Garage (Fast and Loud)

Post by 4DoorGTZ »

I actually like to watch the show for entertainment.... but ya would never take anything of mine there, or buy anything they've touched. Except for the high dollar builds they remind me of the house flipping shows, lipstick and mascara on a turd and flip it to an unsuspecting buyer.

When you go looking for something for your own cars a pic like the one below goes a lot further then a gimmicky tv show.
Attachments
Davenport Motorsports
Davenport Motorsports
Last edited by 4DoorGTZ on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

06 Trailblazer SS Bored & Stroked 408ci, ZR1 Cam, Trick Flow heads, TVS1900, Built Trans w/stall 600AWHP
09 Solstice GXP Targa Coupe 1 of 1266
93 Med. Garnet Red Q4 GTZ 1 of 621
Bfest '01, '02, '04, '05
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

there was an episode a few weeks back where richard bought a yugo for $900 but when someone came looking all of a sudden it was worth 5k and they didn't even touch a damn thing on it. think he ended up selling it for 3500

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I always wonder if those deals are real or not. You always see him buying some car for nothing and reselling it for way more than he paid. I don't remember the numbers but he bought a Willys and resold it for some insane profit, like $30k or something. He must be good at finding people who don't know what they're selling and people who don't know what they're buying.

BerettaMN

Post by BerettaMN »

They have some nice cars and it is interesting to see some of the stuff done, but DICK aka richard is annoying as hell and seems like a huge annoyance. I can barely watch the whole show anymore because of that haha. Seems like the employees would almost do it for free because they're actually into cars where he's just doing it to make money. I really started hating him when he got to go to GM and help build that Copo Camaro, and stamp everything with gas monkey logo for resale later. But he had the money to do it so it is what it is!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

BerettaLove32 wrote:I always wonder if those deals are real or not. You always see him buying some car for nothing and reselling it for way more than he paid. I don't remember the numbers but he bought a Willys and resold it for some insane profit, like $30k or something. He must be good at finding people who don't know what they're selling and people who don't know what they're buying.
It's the world of resale... he buys things way under what they would re-sell at and he forces that issue because that's what he does, he's a re-seller. Hes not buying it because he wants it, he's out to make a profit and he's damn good at it.

I say shame on the people selling this stuff because they call him to just "GET RID" of something... If they really want the money then they could EASILY make more by "posting it on the inter-webs" like Richard does and selling it to the end user NOT a middle man. This is the same deal for those idiots who try to sell something to pawn shops at retail price... If they want retail price sell it retail, DON'T sell it to a re-seller they have not connection to the item they just want a profit.
BerettaMN wrote:Seems like the employees would almost do it for free because they're actually into cars where he's just doing it to make money.
Last time I checked most business owners are simply in it for the money... You don't find huge corporations or businesses that big/exploited that are in it for the enjoyment... That scene is getting very rare lately. Look at OCC... they used to be in it for the bikes... then it was all about the Discovery show... And now since that series ended they worked a deal with CMT (seperate of Paul Jr might I add and he was very adamant about making that statement during his commercial ad for the new series) and have a new series on there of them being a bunch of idiots "playing pranks" and making ton's of money doing it... It's all about the money.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"