Beretta Thunder

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Beretta Thunder

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Staytrue2u89 wrote:And thank u for your input guys...ive gathered the 94 l82 has 180 horse cuz they started putting roller lifters in starting that year and possibly a hair bigger of a cam?? Not sure but 95 and 96 models have between 160 and 180 with the roller lifter setup...and the pervios gen 3.1 didnt have roller lifters..until 94 when 3 rd gen hit the street.....and your rigght about decal its not a gtu or z26bbut it still is never hardly seen but still put on by sumbody gm related id imagine...and bein 94 the only year makes it rarer than just any regular beretta..mine happens to have 180 hp roller lifter setup...and A thunder sticker on it...lol
It is not 180hp... Sorry... end of dream.
L82
The L82 ("M-code") was an updated, SFI version of the MPFI LH0, produced from 1993 through 1999. It featured a structural oil pan, a stiffer redesigned engine block, and sequential fuel injection. Output for this version was up 20 hp (15 kW), over the previous Gen II LH0, to 160 hp (119 kW) at 5200 rpm and 185 lb·ft (251 N·m) at 4000 rpm. Compression Ratio for the L82 was 9.5:1 and the bore measured 89 mm (3.5 in) while the stroke was 84 mm (3.3 in) giving it a displacement of 191 CID (3,136 cc). This engine is notable for its cooling system issues which may lead to blown head gaskets and cracked heads if the engine is not maintained properly.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Staytrue2u89

Post by Staytrue2u89 »

Well excuse me my mistake still quik car with l82...im wantng to do a z26 conversion to it overall

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

heavywoody wrote:Damn, where are my boots?
You're going to need hip-waders with this clown. :crazy:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Staytrue2u89

Post by Staytrue2u89 »

Wuts the bs??? That im learning and still doin rrsearch?? How else i get to this page?? Labeled thundrrs are still just as rare as the rest of u "high rollers"... its clean and bet when im done with it wont many keep up...ima try andake it to berettafest in thr next yr or 2

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Would you PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY it's so annoying to try and read what your writing.

And what people are trying to tell you is the rareness of that car is non existent. It's a base model 94 with a dealer sticker put on it, it's nothing that was specially designed by GM for it, just a sales method.

Your trying to learn we are trying to teach you... yet you don't want to accept the truth... Can't help you much there.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Staytrue2u89

Post by Staytrue2u89 »

Ok kool thanx wuldnt the z26 conversion require that fe 7 sway bars and the body kit??? And wheels obviously??? And im on my phone not a computer sorry bout the spell check..

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Z26 is not FE7, that would be a GTZ. The typical Z26 swaybar is FE3 which is a 30mm front bar but also a internal bar in the rear axle, and then yes the body kit and rims if you want the full package. On top of that the springs are different than the base model as well. Struts were different but no aftermarket company recognized that so all the replacement struts are valved the same base to Z models.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Staytrue2u89

Post by Staytrue2u89 »

Thanx everybody i was guna put an indy cowl induction on it and maybe gtu or gtz wheels...wut everyone think???

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

The Indy's didn't have cowl induction hoods; those are all aftermarket.

It's your car, do what you want with it.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Pete_BMR_z26

Post by Pete_BMR_z26 »

I feel just a TAD more stupid after reading half this stuff, despite all the knowledge that as spewed out from the Beretta experts. Just disappointing, that's all. :crazy:

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Z26 is not FE7, that would be a GTZ. The typical Z26 swaybar is FE3 which is a 30mm front bar but also a internal bar in the rear axle, and then yes the body kit and rims if you want the full package. On top of that the springs are different than the base model as well. Struts were different but no aftermarket company recognized that so all the replacement struts are valved the same base to Z models.
(And Indys...)
3X00-Modified wrote:Would you PLEASE SPELL CORRECTLY it's so annoying to try and read what your writing.
Your trying to learn we are trying to teach you... yet you don't want to accept the truth... Can't help you much there.
...[You're]... :oops: :burn:
Staytrue2u89 wrote:Thanx everybody i was guna put an indy cowl induction on it and maybe gtu or gtz wheels...wut everyone think???
I'm still in the market for replacement GTU wheels for my no-longer-a-GTU-because-the-engine-is-too-big-and-never-was-a-race-car GTU :roll: . So, I say go for the GTZ wheels. :wink: They are non side-specific, so tire rotations are easier to deal with. Besides, with the Z04 body kit (the different front and rear bumper-covers and the side-skirts) used on the Z-26s and GTZs, your car would look more 'correct' with either GTZ or Z-26 rims. When looking for the body-parts to convert your car, also remember to get the different headlight switch, so you have the switch for the fog/driving lights that the GTZs and Z-26s have. You will have to drill several holes along the bottom edges of your doors for the side-skirt mounts, no big deal though. Remember to grab the spoiler from whatever donor car you find if you want the outside to look correct, the same spoiler was used on Indys, GTZs and Z-26s. The seats were also different for the GTZs and Z-26s, the Indys had the same seats with the exception of the "Indy" embroidery and color-matching stripes. Bumper-cover swaps are super easy on these cars because of how they slide off of some of the mounts. Does your car have a tach on the dash? ALL GTZs and Z-26s had the tach option, if you are looking to truly clone one of them.

Any pictures of your car?

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Correct spelling is in the forum rules. It's increasingly difficult to read your posts. The nonsense is one thing, but not following the rules of a forum you just joined will get you removed from said forum.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Rodville

Post by Rodville »

I had been a member so long I almost forgot how bad everyone hazes the new guys. :D My other forum I get chastised if I tell another member to search before posting. Probably why this is my favorite forum.

Back on topic. This is the first time I have heard of the "THUNDER" sticker. The "SS" one loves to pop up every so often but this one is new to me.

themixer

Post by themixer »

I had a beretta SS!! super slow 4 cylinder 2.2 with AC for extra speed!

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

chick.jpg
Ka-Chiga!! Ka-Chiga!!Thunder! :ROFL:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26