my new freakin' haircut aka mullet

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
woody90gtz

Re: my new freakin' haircut aka mullet

Post by woody90gtz »

Too low? That looks tits! It does look a little strange with the offset in the rear though.

How's the 4LsleezyE?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

the sleezy is good. I like putting the pedal down 1/4 and getting wheel spin. There is also no muffler on this beast. it has some kind of muffler delete pipe that splits into duals like a regular muffler would. and yes its too low. i may put eibachs on it but i think i'm going to use the stock springs for now.
Attachments
camaro2.jpg

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

today I took off the LT1 and the corvette emblems also the front plate bracket.

and no one will know its absolutely filthy and I havent washed it yet! lol arctic white FTW
Attachments
camaro3.jpg

Steph
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

Spent all morning washing/waxing it. I dont think the previous owner ever waxed it so it needs to be buffed theres a bunch of small scratches that are noticable when you look at it up close. I also took of the red camaro sticker that was on the back filler panel. it still turned out pretty good though for being only 50* and my dog barked at me the whole time because I wasnt paying attention to him. he thinks hes the boss.

Anyone have any 98+ Fbodies in their yard they want to snag the front spindles and calipers for me? lol
next weekend I have to replace the front pads and Ujoints on the Tahoe otherwise i'd swap out the springs too. maybe ill wait to do brake upgrade at the same time.
Attachments
camaro.jpg

Steph
Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

I've got a pair of spindles but I'd have to check on calipers. I'll let you know Steph.

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

If you got the spindles already it wouldnt hurt my feelings to buy new calipers. unless your used ones are in really good shape. :)

Thanks Chazz

Steph
Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

All I got are spindles. No calipers or mount brackets.

Koots

Post by Koots »

I think it's awesome the way it is!

I always did like a little bit of that drag racing look, low-ish in the front, high in the rear with wide tires.

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

yesterday I swapped out the struts and springs. i now have 4x4 ride height. :D

I was going to reuse the ST struts but when I took the wheels off both fronts were blown and leaking oil. and the strut bushings were toast. but it rides like a cadillac now with the new struts. it was cake taking it all apart, even the original swaybar links came off by hand once they were loose.

Steph
jackattack193

Post by jackattack193 »

I'm a huge fan of the 4th Generation F-Body - especially the pre '98. B4C huh? I wonder if it was a marked or an unmarked cruiser...either way this is a nice find! SLP may even have some “SS” hoods left – that would be a nice addition IMO. I have a ’96 T/A Ram Air and I like it a lot more than the 98-02. I know the LS1 is faster for these rollers, but it seems the pre ’98 F-Body’s are a lot harder to find. Good purchase here, have fun!

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

it was supposed to be a New Mexico state police car and was sold at the dealer to a guy that ordered one and it was sold from under him. It was never in police service.

and big yep to LS1 cars being faster, My previous F was a 99 Firehawk Trans Am. it was stock and if I was able to hook up with the 6spd that car would have been high 12's in the 1/4 easily. I had only raced it maybe 6 times and each time i was getting better. then I sold it which was inevitable I had only driven the car 2k miles in teh 1.5 yr I owned it... I believe my best was 13.4 @109 and this is no traction burning the tires off on the launch with really bald/crappy goodyear gsc street tires. I love the look of a Ws6 though I wouldnt mind getting another.

I want to High Speed autox this camaro. and probably drag race it for fun. which is why I opted for a hardtop instead of ttops. blackhawk farms is a short distance from me.

Steph
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

I got a low speed auto-x to go to on June 9 :P so excited... I need to hook up a manual fan switch first.

Last night tested my computer to see if there was a speed limiter just for the heck of it, got up to 130 and it was begging for more this thing screams.

Steph
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Jesus...a stock LS trapping 2mph higher than my 355. The LS swap idea keeps floating around in my head. I have a 383 core SBC waiting to be built, but those LS are stupid fast so easy...and more street friendly at higher hp levels.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

'

edit: now that I remember it was at 105mph not 109, i think thats what the bf's z06 trapped the first time he raced it. not trying to make false claims and I have pics and slips to back it up. 109 is believable though lol.

I recall a green 80's caprice on 24"s that trapped the same as me but was 12.7 or .8... i was like wtf.

Steph
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Still quick...especially considering how much more street friendly it was than mine I'm sure. Mine can be a pain in the ass!

It has done 107 and I think I could eek 108-109 out of it with some track tricks...but my ET's sucked too. 13.5 best so far. When I was waiting at the track for a tow after I grenaded my stock rear end there was a Roadrunner doing 12.5s@104 consistently. Pissed me off - I know I should be well in to the 12s.

I need wrinkle walls to hook it right. Next time I go with it I'll have it on a trailer with it all set to go. Aired down, swaybar unhooked, no p/s belt and the bars loaded.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube