custom 90 GTZ

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
88_GTU

custom 90 GTZ

Post by 88_GTU »

http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/3986069554.html

Went and looked at it today. The owner had it since 92 and has done a lot of custom work to it. It has been sitting for roughly 7 years in storage so it's running rough right now. Possibly a coil but more than likely just some terrible fuel. It has a mantapart built Quad, not sure of the specs but it supposedly has extrude honed intake and exhaust manis, JE pistons, W41 cams, 11:1 compression and some other stuff. Needs a proper tune and probably an LT1 FPR and larger injectors to get the most out of it. Full stainless 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust. The seats have been re-upholstered and they are absolutely gorgeous! The dash is mint under the cover but it is dyed that bright red. The only rust I could find was in the passenger rocker up front. It has the hole but isn't as bad as some I've seen as the underbody looks solid still. There was also a little in the spare tire well and also the holes where the spoiler was removed and filled with weld.

Now for the front end......Joe admitted to me that the cavy lights may have seemed like a good idea but it sure didn't turn out that way. The front clip is the VFN GTZ extended front clip cut down to fit and then flared out at the back end. When he originally did this he was going to try to give the car a widebody look but it just didn't pan out. I give him credit for actually trying to do something different. I think that if you're decent with fiberglass you could save that front clip and mold back in stock headlights. He hasn't really touched the car in 5-7 years and is into off-roading now so he doesn't need this taking up space anymore.

Considering that the interior cost him over a grand, and mantapart always priced their engines like they were made of gold, I understand why he's asking the price he is. I told him I'd post it up here but to expect a lot of "can you part it out?" questions.

His name is Joe and his # is 920-251-2436. He's pretty up front about what he's done to it and he realizes it doesn't make 300hp but he has no idea what it makes. Who knows what lines of crap Tim from mantapart gave him to sell him that engine either so my guess is that 300hp claim probably stems from him somehow.

If anyone wants me to go back and look at anything specific just hit me with a pm or post it here and I'll do my best to get an answer.
J
Attachments
gtz90.jpg

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
timgerman

Re: custom 90 GTZ

Post by timgerman »

Last edited by timgerman on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

'95 Z26 Black
themixer

Post by themixer »

that looks wow, just wow

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

Interesting...

I would love the interior though IMO

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

I will only buy that quad four GTZ if that sexy ass phone on the back seat is included ;)