All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
BerettaMN

GM quarter panel

Post by BerettaMN »

snowblindburd
Administrator

Re: GM quarter panel

Post by snowblindburd »

If only the rest of my car was worth getting this.

Rettax3

Re: GM quarter panel

Post by Rettax3 »

...Interesting that it is primered in black. All of our cars had medium grey primer, does GM always paint replacement body-panels black now? You would almost have to reprime it to get the color-matching right on a lighter car...

A friend of mine has a super clean '95 Chevy K1500 P/U, his dad has one just as nice but a year or two off. Both trucks are GM's Bright Red, but his dad's truck had a darker primer from the factory that year, and it just looks dim somehow, like the paint is always in shadow. Same color-code though. On my '97 Z-24, I replaced the crunched fenders with aftermarket M-3 vented steel units that were black EDP primered in Taiwan, and they came out about 1/2 shade darker than the rest of the car. I am not a body-and-paint person by any means, and I know that there are different shade variations for the same color-code, and the rest of my Z-24 is lightly faded by time as well, but the shade and color of primer DOES make a difference on most/many paint-shades...

Nice find though, luckily the damage to my Teal Indy's right quarter isn't that bad (the top of a tree fell on it a couple of years ago, and put a small dent in the car next to the rear deck-lid, snow cushioned the car from being damaged beyond that), so I should be able to fix it rather than replace it. I doubt he will sell the quarter for that price though, most people with these cars won't pay that much even for NOS...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26