Walker muffler

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
DownSouth

Walker muffler

Post by DownSouth »

If you look through Walker Exhausts catalog, it indicates that the 21123 muffler fits a 1993 2.2L. Any reason why it would not fit a 3.1L?

The catalog also indicates that the 22605 muffler fits a 1992 3.1L. Any reason why it would not fit a 1993 3.1L?

Which should I get? The reason I ask is because nothing is shown for a 93 3.1L.

http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/ve ... xhaust.asp

Thanks

Black 1993 3.1L Chevrolet Beretta
GTU89

Re: Walker muffler

Post by GTU89 »

DownSouth wrote:If you look through Walker Exhausts catalog, it indicates that the 21123 muffler fits a 1993 2.2L. Any reason why it would not fit a 3.1L?

The catalog also indicates that the 22605 muffler fits a 1992 3.1L. Any reason why it would not fit a 1993 3.1L?

Which should I get? The reason I ask is because nothing is shown for a 93 3.1L.

http://www.walkerexhaust.com/catalog/ve ... xhaust.asp

Thanks
I'm not 100% but I am pretty sure they re-used the I4 exhaust on the V6 models, so I would think that either would work.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Depends on how much of a system this is. If it runs all the way to the manifold, then there is a difference in mounting locations up in the engine bay.

Differences between the 92 and 93 should be negligible.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Koots

Post by Koots »

I've yet to pull the exhaust off of my 3.1 parts car, but I was told that they ran slightly large pipe on the V6 over the 2.2's. I haven't had them side by side to check yet, so I'm just going by hearsay. I will have a definite answer soon enough.

DownSouth

Post by DownSouth »

heavywoody wrote:Depends on how much of a system this is. If it runs all the way to the manifold, then there is a difference in mounting locations up in the engine bay.

If you go through the steps (Chevrolet>Beretta>Year>Engine), the last page is a diagram of a complete exhaust system with individual parts and part #'s. So you think the 92 3.1L muffler (22605) would be the best choice?

Black 1993 3.1L Chevrolet Beretta
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Koots wrote:I've yet to pull the exhaust off of my 3.1 parts car, but I was told that they ran slightly large pipe on the V6 over the 2.2's. I haven't had them side by side to check yet, so I'm just going by hearsay. I will have a definite answer soon enough.
Your probably right, now that I remember someone told me it was the earlier cars (ie, 89 and older?) that ran small ass I4 exhaust.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

DownSouth wrote:
heavywoody wrote:Depends on how much of a system this is. If it runs all the way to the manifold, then there is a difference in mounting locations up in the engine bay.

If you go through the steps (Chevrolet>Beretta>Year>Engine), the last page is a diagram of a complete exhaust system with individual parts and part #'s. So you think the 92 3.1L muffler (22605) would be the best choice?
I imagine so.

Personally, I like the dual outlet look on these cars, so I'd go with 22418.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Koots

Post by Koots »

GTU89 wrote: Your probably right, now that I remember someone told me it was the earlier cars (ie, 89 and older?) that ran small ass I4 exhaust.
The only reason I know of this is that I looked into it. I am planning on using the 3.1 exhaust for the bigger pipe but keep it as stock sounding as possible (a 2.2 with a header, P&P and 1.6 rockers would make too much noise with a performance muffler)

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

are walker mufflers cheap down there? i can't remember, but i won't bother buying another cheap aluminized steel muffler again... they are good for like 2 years up here.

i have found both of my recent replacements on kijiji in the last 2 years (my 4x4 truck and beretta), one is a magnaflow (i lied, i pulled that off a parts truck i had here... which i bought off of kijiji...), and the one on the beretta is "turbo" something or other... can't remember, but think it's the cherry bomb (actual muffler, not glasspack) paid $25 i think... it was off of some guy's weekend warrior that he upgraded

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks