Attention All Beretta Owners!

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made

Post by Guest »

I would like to take this time to say hi to everyone on Beretta.net

I have produced a EGR Block-off Kit for your Beretta!  Most people ask what does an EGR Valve do?  A EGR Valve recirculates your hot exhaust gases which decrease power causing some internal components to wear alot sooner than expected...

How do I install the EGR Block-Off Kit?

-  The answer is simple...  Remove the EGR Valve from your exhaust manifold, remove the gasket and clean the surface area up where the gasket was.  Next spread and even amount of gasket sealer on the gasket I provide with the block-off plate.  Allign the gasket in its proper position, next place it where the old gasket used to be. Now... place the block-off plate over the gasket, place your EGR Valve back on and secure the screws to the recommended torque. ÂÂÂ

This will give your car an additional 2 to 5 HP increase.  By not recirculating the hot exhaust gases this allows your car to run cooler thus producing better HP results...  This technology has been around in the mitsubishi market for years and was available through Concept Illusions whom is now CI Motorsports... ÂÂÂ

**  Of course proper maintenance schedules can also increase your HP as well.

For those who are intrested please e-mail me at s_kuzma83@hotmail.com, And for those who are wondering, yes I do use this myself and wouldn't try it if it didn't work...  All proceeds goto "PROJECT FLORIDA ORANGE".

"PROJECT FLORIDA ORANGE" is a 1995 Chevorlet Beretta Z26 which is under devlopment...  I am considering anyones input on what makes a good car and what you use on your car.  Along the way I will choose someones suggestion to integrate with the project.  When the project is finished you will be acknowledged as part of the cars design.

EGR Block-Off Kit "Block-Off Plate and Gasket w/ instructions" $7.95 + $3.95 Shipping ** available for Z26 Models w/ a 3100 ** Other models in development currently!

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

1) The EGR never operates at WOT, so it doesn't really make a difference in total HP.

2) The function of the EGR is to introduce inert exhaust gases into the intake air, during part-throttle cruising situations so that the ECM can run a leaner mixture without making it hotter.  The EGR actually works to COOL the cylinder temperatures in those situations because the inert exhaust gasses don't contain (or have very minimal) oxygen, so they don't burn.

3) Running your car without an EGR and specific programming for it will cause higher combustion temperatures and as a result higher NOx emissions.

Cliff Scott

Post by Guest »

Wow I feel like a retard...  How come it works good with Mitsubishi Eclipses and Eagle Talons?  I'm confused on that one...  I haven't had no problems yet with the EGR Block Off I put on my car...  I thank you for your input...

Would you recommend a 3400?  If so do the sensors/electronics hookup or do they need changed over.  I am aware the computer may need changed.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

This thing is not worth the powder to blow it to hell.
There is no EGR function at WOT, as was stated, and you are going to get a code.
Bottom line: Why the hell bother?

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

Hey someone will buy it......    

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

leadfoot93

Post by leadfoot93 »

Your answer about the Eclipses and Talons is because most people who own one go by the parts dyno where anything they add to their cars adds 100 horsepower including the wings and stickers .

foot in the floor mpg about 8
2001CamaroB4C

Post by 2001CamaroB4C »

It might not help with power but if you cleaned your intake manifold and valves at the same time that you did the block off it would keep your intake manifold much cleaner. And I would think that an intake manifold that is smooth and shiny would flow better then one that has a nice thick layer of carbon in it.
Your throttle body would also stay much cleaner.

I have compared the intake manifold and throttle body on a car with EGR and a car without it and I know that I wouldn't want EGR. If I could avoid it

2001 Camaro B4C, SLP Lid, UMI SFC's 13.6 @ 101.2
sphon721

Post by sphon721 »

or you could go Quad and not have an EGR

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Why are we still adding to this useless thread?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions