dual exhaust

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
kuni

dual exhaust

Post by kuni »

been kinda thinking bout making a dual exhaust i have access to a pipe bender(work) so im pretty much thinking of y piping it after the axle or something like that maybe before havnt worked out the details then running it straight out the back kind of thinking im gonna run it out underneath the brackets for the bumper so its evenly centered and also thinking im gonna run it out there and then buy some of them bowtie(chevy symbol) chrome exhaust tips just wonderin what some of the input will be so let me know what you think :burn: :sparta

Money pit Beretta

Re: dual exhaust

Post by Money pit Beretta »

You will get better flow with just one pipe, but if you want duals bad then go for it.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Dual after the axle is simply for looks, it shouldn't affect flow... Those cheap bowtie tips however.... those are crap, those are like 2" inlet dia and such a small squished outlet. Stick to a standard slash tip or something like that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

When I had my 83 Z28 I was looking at a cat back with dual pipes at the rear and another with a single. Car Craft tested both and found that the single flowed better than the fake dual do to redirecting the exhaust flow in the transverse muffler. The loss wasn't too big though.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Transverse muffler is different than just a Y pipe after the axle.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

please don't use those bowtie tips. tacky. and cheap; they rust quick. I know someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but couldn't you use the rear section of pipe off a 1997 grand am with dual exhaust? you could use the hangers too the L cars and N cars are very similar. that way you could cut off the mufflers and put better flowing units on plus tips?
or keep the single pipe to the back and replace the muffler with a dual outlet like I did: Image