cherrybomb turbo

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
pghz26

cherrybomb turbo

Post by pghz26 »

i recently purchased a cherrybomb turbo muffler for my 95 Z26 but i am afraid to put it on in fear that it will sound like crap of be so loud that i will get pulled over for it. just wondering if anyone else has one on their 3100 or if you have had one and you can tell me if it sounds good of not and if it it too loud.

Purple 95 Z26 3100
73,000 original miles
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: cherrybomb turbo

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I will almost bet that it sounds like a good ole fart cannon... Cherry bombs are cheap POS's They are very loud and will probably get you pulled over if your local PD is anal about exhaust levels.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Nah, it won't sound that bad. It'll be similar to say a Dynomax SuperTurbo or equivalent.

3X00 is thinking of the regular cherry bomb glasspack muffler.

pghz26

Post by pghz26 »

yea i wouldnt put a glasspack on those things suck. it is a muffler not a glasspack

Purple 95 Z26 3100
73,000 original miles
ajsberetta

Post by ajsberetta »

hey i had a cherrybomb turbo on my 92 3.1 beretta for awhile its not at all loud. you get a nice deep idle thats about it cruise its quite WOT you hear it. I ran a glasspack b4 it and liked that as well cops dont pay any attention to the sound of my car. only once did i get pulled over for noise was when i cut the pipe under the driver seat and did the whole side pipe thing....muffler is a good thing. after all i went back to the glass pack with 2 1/2 cat back exhaust with 2 2-1/2 crome tips like the gts just bigger

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Honestly I don't see an issue with cherry bombs, if you use them with a nice muffler and use it as PART of the exhaust system, not just the only part - it is fine.

Unfortunately living in Wisconsin, I have a bounty of redneck who loves their trucks, and seem to think it's a cheap way to make it sound liake dose naascars do!

I added one to my exhaust ( after the cat ) to tone down the pitch that the quad has, along with a high flow cat, and a dynomax turbo muffler. Have actually had people comment on how nice it sounds now (save for the cracked heat shield that rattles)

beroutofjtown

Post by beroutofjtown »

the cherrybomb turbo is not that lowed i have had one on my beretta and i think its sounds decent. i havent been pulled over eather and the cops around here are anal bout everything

3 speed auto to a 5 speed manual
Body kit going on soon
1993 Beretta GT